ITV newsreader who refused to wear a poppy on air suffers racist abuse in online hate Watch

username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
http://goo.gl/YkM08g

Did anyone see this? I was rather disgusted calling someone a "Black C***" and "Fat S***" all because they didn't wear the poppy. I think the people who abused her should be ashamed of themselves.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
TSR,
Daily Mail.
Ergo, story is untrue.
BawanHama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's her choice whether she wants to wear the poppy or not. Funny how the same trolls wear the poppy to remember those who fought for their freedom, but dont want to give this woman freedom to choose what to wear/not wear.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Good.

The less people supporting baby butchers, the better.
ElChapo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
TSR,
Daily Mail.
Ergo, story is untrue.
This isn't an unbelievable story?
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
TSR,
Daily Mail.
Ergo, story is untrue.
Lol are you saying it's fake?
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Good.

She states pretty clearly she does wear a poppy off air so you might want to try point scoring else where
DK_Tipp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
http://goo.gl/YkM08g

Did anyone see this? I was rather disgusted calling someone a "Black C***" and "Fat S***" all because they didn't wear the poppy. I think the people who abused her should be ashamed of themselves.
You should see some of the idiotic abuse James McClean got last year, this year and probably will continue to get every November for the rest of career. The knee jerk racist reaction exposes the underlying jingoistic spirit in which a very small but potentially dangerous minority wear the poppy.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There was no need for the racism but I don't get why she needs to feel like a rebel. It's a bit like how we bash the bankers for their bonuses only to learn that, hypothetically, they've given all their bonuses to charity which brings about the 'well you shouldn't question'. But if we didn't question, what if they didn't, in the hypothetical scenario, give it all to charity?
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ElChapo)
This isn't an unbelievable story?

(Original post by Kruz)
Lol are you saying it's fake?
On any other news story, it's perfectly acceptable to make the statement above. "Daily Fail Trololololol etc", so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for this one.
ElChapo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
On any other news story, it's perfectly acceptable to make the statement above. "Daily Fail Trololololol etc", so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for this one.
Because it's easily verifiable as true. You can see her making a news broadcast without the poppy. Also the headline isn't that ridiculous, I agree that the daily mail isn't a good source, but not everything they say is rubbish.
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ElChapo)
Because it's easily verifiable as true. You can see her making a news broadcast without the poppy. Also the headline isn't that ridiculous, I agree that the daily mail isn't a good source, but not everything they say is rubbish.
Sorry. You're on TSR. Everything in the Mail is by definition untrue. No exceptions. If we start making exceptions for one little story is going be the tip of the iceberg.
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Good.

You know how I know you're Muslim?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If she tries to read her autocue at me i will switch her off.
Diane118
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Freedom is what was fought for by those soldiers, freedom to choose without consequences, freedom of speech, so the fact that anyone is bulling others who dont wear a poppy that freedom is a mockery of the poppy
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She can decide to wear one or not..zits her choice.

People slating her are such morons.
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Sorry. You're on TSR. Everything in the Mail is by definition untrue. No exceptions. If we start making exceptions for one little story is going be the tip of the iceberg.
Now you're just being a moron; considering your previous posts this is uncharacteristic of you.
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
There was no need for the racism but I don't get why she needs to feel like a rebel. It's a bit like how we bash the bankers for their bonuses only to learn that, hypothetically, they've given all their bonuses to charity which brings about the 'well you shouldn't question'. But if we didn't question, what if they didn't, in the hypothetical scenario, give it all to charity?
Please tell me why her deciding not to wear a poppy on TV, yet does so private, is her feeling "like a rebel" ? At the end of the day, those people attacking her are in effect saying "No. We do not want to give you the freedom to wear what you want" and at the same time they're the same people saying "Our grand fathers fought for your freedom" etc...

Firstly, not to put people's grandparents down, this "freedom" stuff is largely something that the Americans invented. People in the UK fought against a tyrannical German power,who were hell bent on taking over the world. Yes, you could argue that freedoms were protected, but we sure as hell did not go to war JUST over freedom, but more that Germany became what it became

Protecting people's freedoms wasn't one of the main reasons for going to war
RFC1872
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone who refuses to support the sacrifice of our troops should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DannyYYYY
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RFC1872)
Anyone who refuses to support the sacrifice of our troops should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have this warped mindset that you have to wear a poppy to show your support?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (52)
14.33%
The paper was reasonable (182)
50.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.29%

Watched Threads