Girls: Would you find this guy 'interesting' Watch

Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HenryKissinger)
You sound a bit bland, tbh. Girls like bad boys, not people who self-describe as salsa dancing geeks.
He didn't say girls. He specifically said not in a sexual or relationship way.
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IlexBlue)
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being groud of your other achievements.
Personally I grout my achievements, I love to admire my full module scores in the shower and have my A Levels above the sink for when I'm brushing my teeth.
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have dyslexia, meaning i naturally have problems with spelling
(Original post by IlexBlue)
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being groud of your other achievements.
I was kidding. Btw, OP are we selling ourselves here?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
I know who you are but won't say, don't worry lol.

You will be fine, you do more than the average person so you have plenty to talk to people about. It's not normal to go up to someone in a bar and talk about hobbies like that though.
Yeah well for me it's trying to pluck up that intital courage, i am getting better at it, but i still need something which can enable me to go up to any women and talk to her, dare i say i need to feel slightly selfish and a bit arrogant about myself "i do all the great things, i'm a great guy" that kinda thing
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
I know this, i'm not trying to get with anyone, i'm trying to develop ways of boosting my self-confidence, and seeing people intrested in me (in a general sense) for me could be a good start now i know the internet isn't the best place, but tbh the internet can be brutal at times, due it's anomity (spelling?)
I was jus' sayin'
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok so this is going to be a slightly selfish type thread, but there is method in my madness, i have a problem with self-confidence beacuse i don't think i'm "unqiue", i'm trying out some different methods to help be boost it, although crude; getting opinons from random people (although not the ideal way to boost confidence) is something i'm trying

Anyway, i'm a 21 year old guy at uni and i do a few activities

- I practise a Martial Art (Aikido)
- I play guitar (electric)
- I have a interest in horse riding and last year i did take lessons (can't afford it right now)
- I do Rock climbing
- I take Salsa dancing lessons
- I'm a geek at heart and groud of it
- Hopeless romantic
- I OCCASIONALLY sing

So just based on those activities if i were to come upto you in a bar or something engage in conversation and drop one or more of these activites in would you still be intrested (i mean in a general sense not just in a sexual / realationship way)
I don't think it's really that relevant, people will like you based on your personality, not a list of interests.
HenryKissinger
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He didn't say girls. He specifically said not in a sexual or relationship way.
Read the thread title.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah well for me it's trying to pluck up that intital courage, i am getting better at it, but i still need something which can enable me to go up to any women and talk to her, dare i say i need to feel slightly selfish and a bit arrogant about myself "i do all the great things, i'm a great guy" that kinda thing
Just get drunk then do it. Unless you don't drink. Then you may have to get more creative in how you take the edge off the nerves.

Read the thread title.
I did. But since its purely based on a conversation and not flirting why should it be different for women or men. You say "women aren't into those things" well that's just plain rubbish. There's plenty of women have those hobbies themselves, they're fairly unisex.
Anonymous #1
Just get drunk then do it. Unless you don't drink. Then you may have to get more creative in how you take the edge off the nerves.

I did. But since its purely based on a conversation and not flirting why should it be different for women or men. You say "women aren't into those things" well that's just plain rubbish. There's plenty of women have those hobbies themselves, they're fairly unisex.
Yeah unfortunatley i don't drink much for personal reasons, i can have a couple but that's my limit, hense my normal freezing and the hunt for a way to get the confidence i need in order to be able to do that on a whim
Anonymous #1
You sound a bit bland, tbh. Girls like bad boys, not people who self-describe as salsa dancing geeks.
The girls you know maybe, i have always maintained that girls that go for bad boys (ar*eholes, dicks whatever you wanna call em) arn't the girls for me, there are "sensible girls" out there, i know plently
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah unfortunatley i don't drink much for personal reasons, i can have a couple but that's my limit, hense my normal freezing and the hunt for a way to get the confidence i need in order to be able to do that on a whim
If you want to simply get better at talking to people then just go up and talk to them. If they look at you weird or say something *****y just move onto the next person (not creepily, just stand at the bar and if someone new comes up and asks for a drink turn to them and say "good choice" or something, then take it from there).

Eventually someone will bite and have a short chat.
Anonymous #1
If you want to simply get better at talking to people then just go up and talk to them. If they look at you weird or say something *****y just move onto the next person (not creepily, just stand at the bar and if someone new comes up and asks for a drink turn to them and say "good choice" or something, then take it from there).

Eventually someone will bite and have a short chat.
i don't think i made myself clear, i am more than fine talking to people in general, once i'm past the ice breaker i could chat to people for hours, my problem is the ice breaker and not making a huge arse of myself
HenryKissinger
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Clearly you didn't. He wanted to know if a girl would find him I interesting if he talked about his bland hobbies, and I said I didn't think they would. :dunce:
Lavedog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going to give you some ridiculously cliche advice. Accept your flaws. Confidence comes from feeling good about yourself, so it's up to you. It's really only your opinion that matters. You can tell someone they're beautiful a thousand times and they won't remember, call them ugly once and they won't forget it, it's human nature. Talk to people, be yourself, you don't need to try and impress them by talking solely about your positive attributes and hobbies, just be natural. All these things have probably made you a well-rounded person. You're a human being, there are other human beings, if you speak the same language you can talk to them. Try not to think too much about it.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i don't think i made myself clear, i am more than fine talking to people in general, once i'm past the ice breaker i could chat to people for hours, my problem is the ice breaker and not making a huge arse of myself
Yeah, i gave you an ice breaker

Just say something normal that you would to someone at work or at one of your social clubs or something.

It's all about the timing. Look for something unusual happening like someone getting the wrong change or spilling their drink or something and mention it or make a joke, then take it from there maybe
Entrepreneur123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You do a hell of a lot more than the average guy does trust me
Beardbrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your hobbies do not define your personality.

Confidence is not derived from hobbies, it is derived from liking who you are, loving yourself.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lavedog)
Going to give you some ridiculously cliche advice. Accept your flaws. Confidence comes from feeling good about yourself, so it's up to you. It's really only your opinion that matters. You can tell someone they're beautiful a thousand times and they won't remember, call them ugly once and they won't forget it, it's human nature. Talk to people, be yourself, you don't need to try and impress them by talking solely about your positive attributes and hobbies, just be natural. All these things have probably made you a well-rounded person. You're a human being, there are other human beings, if you speak the same language you can talk to them. Try not to think too much about it.
See that method doesn't work for me, i'm the kind of person that talks myself down far to much, as bad as it may seem i kinda need support from other people to start changing my views. I've gone through a large portion of my early life (makes me sound old ) self hating myself to a degree where unless you really knew me i was think nervous little geek in the cornor, having people comment on the fact that they say i'm wrong and i am intresting gives me hope and makes me feel happy, thus i start to look at things from the view point and the more people say it, the more i accept the fact that what they said was true (example: people say that i am intresting and sod all the girls who have rejected me; that's their loss not mine, if they can't see what a great catch i am, then that's their problem not mine)
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok so this is going to be a slightly selfish type thread, but there is method in my madness, i have a problem with self-confidence beacuse i don't think i'm "unqiue", i'm trying out some different methods to help be boost it, although crude; getting opinons from random people (although not the ideal way to boost confidence) is something i'm trying

Anyway, i'm a 21 year old guy at uni and i do a few activities

- I practise a Martial Art (Aikido)
- I play guitar (electric)
- I have a interest in horse riding and last year i did take lessons (can't afford it right now)
- I do Rock climbing
- I take Salsa dancing lessons
- I'm a geek at heart and groud of it
- Hopeless romantic
- I OCCASIONALLY sing

So just based on those activities if i were to come upto you in a bar or something engage in conversation and drop one or more of these activites in would you still be intrested (i mean in a general sense not just in a sexual / realationship way)
You come across as a bit of a tryhard. Liking horse riding, rock climbing and salsa dancing all together? You sound like those one dimensional people who try to look cool by "having lots of quirky hobbies"
AmyAintDead
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're a very interesting guy, and as I am drawn to interesting people, I would probably befriend you because I am a geek and my closest friends are geeks, and they tend to be the most loyal friends you can get.

One thing I must ask, however, is if you do all these things because you enjoy them or do them so you're more interesting. Because the whole point of all your hobbies is to really bring out the joy in your daily life, and not things to add to your persona as such. If so, carry on!
You need to stop pulling yourself down, you don't have to be the most interesting guy in the world to have people to like you, you just need to be comfortable in your own skin and be the best you that you can be, if someone doesn't like it, it's their loss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads