Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Currently a first year student looking for housemates next year. I get the lowest maintenance loan and the University are increasing prices which is a disgrace. I am looking to rent private because total with bills is looking at around £85 which is much cheaper than on campus. Speaking to the letting agent he said I should be looking to form a group this month then next month look at houses with the group. Most of the houses are gone by the end of January which is why I am posting this now.
    About me:
    Course : Politics
    I generally keep myself to myself and am very tidy. My primary focus is my work because that is why I am paying £9000 a year then outside that I like to play my Playstation and occasionally go out. I am also a very big sports fan. If you think we could be housemates drop a message and we can meet up or something see if it would work before even viewing any houses next month. If we think it wont work no harm is done.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the houses are not gone by the end of the year.

Do not sign before February.

I repeat, do not sign before February.

It is a huge mistake, there's always an excess of properties and a lot of tenants haven't even decided they're leaving until after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just found out a housemate of mine won't be in York next year so we have one room to give away.
    Its a good sized room in a house in South Bank, which is really close to town and a short cycle from uni.
    The rent is £78 and that includes all bills which is a bargain for the size of house and room.
    As for housemates, we're three guys, all will be third year next year.
    We're quiet and pretty tidy but like a night out every so often.
    Two of us do politics. We all have a good sense of humor and very different interests from one another so as long as you like to laugh then you'll fit in.

Obviously if you're interested then you can reply or inbox me and I'll happily show you round the house and area.
    Cheers
    Gareth

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.