The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callmeJming
I deferred my interview from November/December to this February/March batch. I'm still waiting for Mrs Smith to inform me for further notice.

Well from the sounds if it, she hasn't decided when/who she's gonna invite for the 2nd batch, which sounds promising for people who haven't heard back yet!! :smile:
Reply 221
Original post by avia.b
Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for manchester, but haven't heard back yet too.. Was wondering.. Did you guys receive an acknowledgment email after you sent in your application? I didn't..

I got an email from the general admissions department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 222
To everything that had interviews last year, how did you think they went?
Last years thread shows that people who got offers in March had interviews in feb and those who got rejected in March had interviews in nov/feb so I would assume those who had it in nov/feb got offers in jan? Correct me if I'm wrong! But to be honest I'm just crapping myself lol
Reply 224
I think people with interviews last year will still be getting offers in march as well, as only 50 offers have been given out, so there is still 110 to give out (I think thats right-160 offers) and by the looks of this thread there are only going to be 50 more interviews? Anyway, I hope so as I had mine last year too and I haven't heard anything yet! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
did anyone meet any graduates at the interview?
Original post by dent95
I think people with interviews last year will still be getting offers in march as well, as only 50 offers have been given out, so there is still 110 to give out (I think thats right-160 offers) and by the looks of this thread there are only going to be 50 more interviews? Anyway, I hope so as I had mine last year too and I haven't heard anything yet! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I hope so too! I guess we'll just have to wait and see, I'm just being too negative lol. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ankito1
did anyone meet any graduates at the interview?

I didn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Original post by Kaumal123
Lol I hope so too! I guess we'll just have to wait and see, I'm just being too negative lol. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah fingers crossed for us! Yeah we will! I am too, I'm already considering a gap year! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dent95
Yeah fingers crossed for us! Yeah we will! I am too, I'm already considering a gap year! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm already on a gap year haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
I'm already on a gap year haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww I hope you get in! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by idunnotbh
yeah I had Newcastle yesterday which was okay at best

Hi which one were you? Were you interviewed upstairs or downstairs?
Why do you think it only went okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last years thread shows that people who got offers in March had interviews in feb and those who got rejected in March had interviews in nov/feb so I would assume those who had it in nov/feb got offers in jan? Correct me if I'm wrong! But to be honest I'm just crapping myself lol

Well Teresa said that they're interviewing 100 in feb but would only give out 50/60 offers before march. So obviously not everyone interviewed in feb will get an offer. She said they didn't want all the offers to be given out early so as not to disadvantage anyone. Basically if you've been interviewed you can get an offer in march!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you have your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Casprules;46088784"]Well Teresa said that they're interviewing 100 in feb but would only give out 50/60 offers before march. So obviously not everyone interviewed in feb will get an offer. She said they didn't want all the offers to be given out early so as not to disadvantage anyone. Basically if you've been interviewed you can get an offer in march!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

How did you contact her? Email or phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="dentist.wannabe;46088905"]
Original post by Casprules
Well Teresa said that they're interviewing 100 in feb but would only give out 50/60 offers before march. So obviously not everyone interviewed in feb will get an offer. She said they didn't want all the offers to be given out early so as not to disadvantage anyone. Basically if you've been interviewed you can get an offer in march!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

How did you contact her? Email or phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She said when I had my interview, and said so a few times whilst I was there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Casprules;46089317"]
Original post by dentist.wannabe

She said when I had my interview, and said so a few times whilst I was there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I see what you mean! But it doesn't seem right that people who got interviewed in nov/dec get told in march, surely if manc liked them they would be told earlier
[QUOTE="Kaumal123;46090410"]

Ahh, I see what you mean! But it doesn't seem right that people who got interviewed in nov/dec get told in march, surely if manc liked them they would be told earlier

Only a few people but more people are interviewed in nov/dec than in march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Casprules;46090461"]

Only a few people but more people are interviewed in nov/dec than in march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess we just have to wait then :smile:
[QUOTE="Kaumal123;46090908"]

I guess we just have to wait then :smile:

Haha we will! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest