I.d Watch

Tw!stEd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Will places accept a photocopied passport and a bith certificate (as in both shown) as proof of i.d?
I can't take out my real passport incase O lose it, and my provision is being exchanged for real licence...
Radnmad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, if it is countersigned by a doctor or lawyer who has known you for at least 5 years.
PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The place I goto does. And yes, 90% of the scanned ones are Photoshopped to perhaps change that 89 or 90 to "88".
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nowhere round near me would accept that. It has to be either passport or driving licence. No expired passports, no photocopies, nothing.
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think photocopies are acceptable.. Why don't you just take the original and take extra care not to get it lost
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Everywhere I drink they don't accept birth certificates as ID, photocopied or otherwise (no photo, y'see). I'm not sure about photocopied passports, but my mate takes his passport into town all the time and he's never lost it.
Or you could just wait for your license to arrive, it only takes a week or so.
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
No I mean I have both...the passport n the birth certificate to verify thedate on the passport...
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tw!stEd)
No I mean I have both...the passport n the birth certificate to verify thedate on the passport...
Photocopies are easily doctored, if I was a barman or bouncer I wouldn't accept them. Just take your passport and look after it!
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
I don't think photocopies are acceptable.. Why don't you just take the original and take extra care not to get it lost
Becauase I'm going to on a major holiday n if I lose it, im dead...
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tw!stEd)
Becauase I'm going to on a major holiday n if I lose it, im dead...
Hence the "extra care".
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
Hence the "extra care".
Yes but I'd rather not risk it....
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Then don't bother going out, then. Or if you do, be prepared to be blown out at most places.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can understand your problem. For one, you're not supposed to give your passport to unauthorised persons - that includes degenerate nightclub bouncers and such. And for another, it costs 70 quid to replace, takes a while and can be used to effectively steal your identity. I wouldn't even considered taking such an important document with me on a piss-up.

But you should perhaps have considered this beforehand... how about a uni matriculation card?
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Unless you have a local initiative (a few of the clubs around here take Connexions cards) a Portman card (http://www.portmangroup.org.uk/campaigns/52.asp) or Citizen card is the best one to get.

I wouldnt have a hope in hell of using a photocopy/scan of a document here either.
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
Overall a weathspoons didnt accept it, however a lot of local pubs realised that the photocopied passport porvided a pic, n birth certificate verfied it .....
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed