The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, if it is countersigned by a doctor or lawyer who has known you for at least 5 years.
Reply 2
The place I goto does. And yes, 90% of the scanned ones are Photoshopped to perhaps change that 89 or 90 to "88". :smile:
Reply 3
Nowhere round near me would accept that. It has to be either passport or driving licence. No expired passports, no photocopies, nothing.
Reply 4
I don't think photocopies are acceptable.. Why don't you just take the original and take extra care not to get it lost
Reply 5
Everywhere I drink they don't accept birth certificates as ID, photocopied or otherwise (no photo, y'see). I'm not sure about photocopied passports, but my mate takes his passport into town all the time and he's never lost it.
Or you could just wait for your license to arrive, it only takes a week or so.
Reply 6
No I mean I have both...the passport n the birth certificate to verify thedate on the passport...
Reply 7
Tw!stEd
No I mean I have both...the passport n the birth certificate to verify thedate on the passport...

Photocopies are easily doctored, if I was a barman or bouncer I wouldn't accept them. Just take your passport and look after it!
Reply 8

I don't think photocopies are acceptable.. Why don't you just take the original and take extra care not to get it lost

Becauase I'm going to on a major holiday n if I lose it, im dead...
Reply 9
Tw!stEd
Becauase I'm going to on a major holiday n if I lose it, im dead...

Hence the "extra care".
Reply 10
Hence the "extra care".

Yes but I'd rather not risk it....
Then don't bother going out, then. Or if you do, be prepared to be blown out at most places.
Reply 12
I can understand your problem. For one, you're not supposed to give your passport to unauthorised persons - that includes degenerate nightclub bouncers and such. And for another, it costs 70 quid to replace, takes a while and can be used to effectively steal your identity. I wouldn't even considered taking such an important document with me on a piss-up.

But you should perhaps have considered this beforehand... how about a uni matriculation card?
Unless you have a local initiative (a few of the clubs around here take Connexions cards) a Portman card (http://www.portmangroup.org.uk/campaigns/52.asp) or Citizen card is the best one to get.

I wouldnt have a hope in hell of using a photocopy/scan of a document here either.
Reply 14
Overall a weathspoons didnt accept it, however a lot of local pubs realised that the photocopied passport porvided a pic, n birth certificate verfied it .....

Latest

Trending

Trending