What is wrong with certain people? Watch

aspiringwhatever
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Today I had to go to a clinic for some personal reasons, it was a walk in clinic however you could also have booked appointments. I was feeling super low and vulnerable today and had already taken 2 very strong painkillers which left me in a woozy strange mood, because I knew I would have a procedure done.

I sat down 2 seats away from a black woman (I would guess she was mid 20s), she did not look exactly ratchet but the she did not look posh either. Pretty soon she started to play music on her blackberry really loudly with her headphones, as in so loudly you could hear it every where in the room. I was feeling like ****, and this was certainly not helping, but I knew she would give me major attitude and I was not in the mood for it.

Shortly afterwards a girl with presumably an appointment was called in 5 minutes after she sat down, the other woman started kicking up a fuss how it is not fair that she does not have to wait. And that the girl is receiving preferential treatment, and simply having a huge chip on her shoulder.

After this she continued listening to her music loudly, by this point I was kind of dosing off on my boyfriends shoulder due to the meds, since they make me extremely drowsy. Until she started singing along really badly to the songs. Imagine when you are listening to music with your headphones and you kind of just badly mumble/sing a long and you do not have a good voice.

At this point someone else asked her if she could turn the music down and she started turning up the attitude and told the woman who asked her to sit on the other side of the room (you could still hear it there) and the reason she sat at the back of the room was because she was going to listen loudly to music (what kind of logic is that?). The woman asked her again nicely if she could please turn the music down as it is really loud, and she just told her to shut up and sit across the room. And she should be quiet if "she wants no trouble".

I really wanted to say something, but I was in no state. And I regret I do, because people like her can't think it is okay to behave in this way. The are ill and vulnerable people in the waiting room and you should show some respect towards them.

/rant over
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Different things are wrong with different people.
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some people honestly have just never encountered discipline. Bad parenting at its finest if your now-adult offspring still acts like a selfish inconsiderate child.

Clearly not much you could have said to her; someone else already did and was dismissed.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would have told her to shut up because it's a hospital, it's not even allowed to play music.. I would have probably also reported to the staff as that silly cow was disturbing everyone. I would also probably just tell her that not only her music is terrible, but her voice is tragicomedy :mmm:
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's understandable that you wouldn't make a scene, but it's a shame that no else did. People like that need to be put in their place.
aspiringwhatever
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
It's understandable that you wouldn't make a scene, but it's a shame that no else did. People like that need to be put in their place.
Usually I always speak my mind, and I would have told her to shut up if I felt better. It's just so annoying that no one cares at all and just accepts it!
DannyYYYY
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I believe there are some people with whom there is literally no hope.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People like that are ********s who will never learn. It's best to just let them get on with it unless you want to pick a fight you will never win because they're too ****ing stubborn, arrogant and ignorant to realise that they've done wrong. A similar thing happened with me on the train to uni today, and like you I wasn't in any state (for different reasons -- for the last two weeks I've had an on going headache with an on and off migraine, and I've also had a pain which my friend with fibromyalgia suggests is very similar to what he feels during periods of high stress) to pick a fight so I just left it and pissed myself off even more by over analysing the situation because this ****ing selfish ***** was making things so difficult for me, moreso than they have been for the last two goddamn weeks. I felt a rage that I hadn't felt in a while.

People are people. You let them get on with **** like this because they've learnt that it's okay to act like dogs and nothing can change that. Picking a fight with people like this will only result in boosting their egos because whatever happens, they'll think they've won. *****es be crazy. :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads