Quetiapine Dosages Watch

Scoobster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Peeps,

I've just been px'd 25mg per night to help with sleep, as a 2 week trial before trying Clonazepam/Klonopin if it doesn't work out.

Just wondering what dosages of Qtip do you take & what for?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was on 800mg for psychosis until it stopped doing anything for an unknown reason. :dontknow:

It's good for helping you sleep, I used to take mine and in an hour be out completely. Good luck with it.
jemmajustice
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm on 100mg for psychosis (still gonna be increased yet, it's only been a few months, early days!)

However I've always been a terrible sleeper and 25mg a night knocked me out, eventually it stopped working to help me sleep until it was increased to 50mg, and since then has always knocked me out like a light!
Scoobster
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies...

First night of using it and as you both suggested, 25mg just put my lights out. I'm quite broadly built and have always tolerated most drugs well but this honestly just knocked me out completely within about 90 minutes. I've never taken anything so effective.

It doesn't compare anywhere near to Zopiclone/Zolpidem/Diazepam/Temazepam/Lorazepam etc... etc...

I honestly can't believe how quick it turned my lights off. So what's the catch? It's not addictive and as far as I can see, the body doesn't get tolerant to it like it would to a benzo. In my view it wins hands down for inducing sleep so why is it not px'd more commonly, and ahead of, benzos?

What am I missing and what's the catch!
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Scoobster)
Thanks for the replies...

First night of using it and as you both suggested, 25mg just put my lights out. I'm quite broadly built and have always tolerated most drugs well but this honestly just knocked me out completely within about 90 minutes. I've never taken anything so effective.

It doesn't compare anywhere near to Zopiclone/Zolpidem/Diazepam/Temazepam/Lorazepam etc... etc...

I honestly can't believe how quick it turned my lights off. So what's the catch? It's not addictive and as far as I can see, the body doesn't get tolerant to it like it would to a benzo. In my view it wins hands down for inducing sleep so why is it not px'd more commonly, and ahead of, benzos?

What am I missing and what's the catch!
Atypical antipsychotics are associated with metabolic syndrome. They can cause changes in your body which puts you at risk of diabetes. I'm not sure how much of an effect 25mg would have, however. I put on 30lbs on quetiapine the first time and another 10lbs the second, so I'd watch out for possible weight gain.
Scoobster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Atypical antipsychotics are associated with metabolic syndrome. They can cause changes in your body which puts you at risk of diabetes. I'm not sure how much of an effect 25mg would have, however. I put on 30lbs on quetiapine the first time and another 10lbs the second, so I'd watch out for possible weight gain.
Eek that's not good! I put on a lot of weight when I started Venlafaxine a few years ago, stopped in July - but still haven't shifted it!

Worked like a treat last night as well... So far so good
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Peeps,

I've just been px'd 25mg per night to help with sleep, as a 2 week trial before trying Clonazepam/Klonopin if it doesn't work out.

Just wondering what dosages of Qtip do you take & what for?
Ask for Tamazepam.
Scoobster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dumachi)
Ask for Tamazepam.
I've tried Temazepam in the past but my Psych wanted something with a longer half-life because it would help relieve some of my day-time anxiety too, with a smoother ride, hence Diazepam or Clonazepam.

Temazepam 8-20 Hours
Clonazepam 18-50 Hours
Diazepam 20-100 Hours
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've tried Temazepam in the past but my Psych wanted something with a longer half-life because it would help relieve some of my day-time anxiety too, with a smoother ride, hence Diazepam or Clonazepam.

Temazepam 8-20 Hours
Clonazepam 18-50 Hours
Diazepam 20-100 Hours

I see, I wasn't aware of the anxiety. Try Diazepam first as its not as strong and easier to come off.
Scoobster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dumachi)
I see, I wasn't aware of the anxiety. Try Diazepam first as its not as strong and easier to come off.
Yeah I've tried that too and had pretty good results in the past. It gave me quite consistent and predictable relief. Lorazepam seems to drop me in and out of anxious/zombie mode.

Thanks for the input though, do appreciate it
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I've tried that too and had pretty good results in the past. It gave me quite consistent and predictable relief. Lorazepam seems to drop me in and out of anxious/zombie mode.

Thanks for the input though, do appreciate it
Lorazepam is more of a anti-seizure benzo used in hospitals and doesn't last as long
Alprazolam has around the same half life as Lorazepam and is far more effective for anti-anxiety.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads