University of Manchester BioChem Interviews Watch

F.R.A.W.A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey,

I have an interview at Manchester next Wednesday (for BioChem) and was wondering if anyone who had previously had one there could tell me a bit more about what it'll be like. I.e. what do I need to wear, how long they last, what specifically they will ask me about etc etc.

TIA

FRAWA
Strangey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by F.R.A.W.A)
Hey,

I have an interview at Manchester next Wednesday (for BioChem) and was wondering if anyone who had previously had one there could tell me a bit more about what it'll be like. I.e. what do I need to wear, how long they last, what specifically they will ask me about etc etc.

TIA

FRAWA
Whilst we can't say exactly what you'll be asked (that's not fair on everyone else) we can give you some general pointers. Obviously the most important questions are: Why Manchester? Why this degree? What do you like about the degree? Where do you see yourself in the future? This will hold true for any degree at any university, so make sure you have some answers prepared. They say you can wear what you want - it means wear a suit (pretty much everyone else will be wearing one) or something very smart casual like collared formal shirt and chinos (think doctor!) Interviews aren't the time to be slopping around!

You'll be given a tour and the opportunity to speak to some current or former students, make sure you ask some useful questions about being a student (timetabling, workload, accommodation, nights out, part-time work etc) which can help you make up your mind. If you have the tour and chat before your interview, use some of the information you've picked up in the interview - e.g. if you're asked "why Manchester?" give your response and then say that you like the facilities or that the students said good things about the availability of jobs or something. Make sure you've re-read your PS and be prepared to answer a few science questions; you won't know the answer, but they'll be looking to see how you approach the situation.

Interviews like this are never as bad as people make out, so don't worry and good luck!
F.R.A.W.A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks pal, much appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

How has 2019 been so far?