Feeling stressed out.. Not doing well in college? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Leave if you're just going to tell me I'm stupid.

I just need advice. Did anyone else do really bad at the beginning of their AS year? I'm trying to put so much effort it when being overloaded with homework (so barely any time for reading ahead in my subjects) and I'm doing terrible in my tests. I think I do well, the I end up doing awful. Getting D's E's and the occasional C. It's really embarrassing because everyone else in the class ask what marks/grades I get when we all get our tests back and they end up doing so well. Is it normal to do THIS BAD at the beginning? I'm so confused
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, typing this on my phone.
Katonnie C
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dear Anon-

I completely understand where you're coming from!! I was also undeservedly getting E's D's and on occasion, C's. The exact same thing happened to me last year and it's such a horrible feeling because you just don't know what you're doing wrong but throughout the next few terms, my grades really picked up! It actually turns out that a lot of people have a rough start, even if you're really putting everything into it. Im doing my A2 now and am getting A's B's and C's So, please dont worry about it!! It's just because it's the very start of the year and AS are SO different from GCSE's.

Hope this helped,
Katonnie
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
By this post I can tell you do sciences or maths, many of my friends got really bad grades. I did essay subjects so my grades were alright from the off. Don't worry, just work hard and the rest will follow
Portia1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Anon! I'm not doing AS - I'm doing an access course (like doing 7/8 A levels in 7 months)
I can honestly say I completely know where you're coming from - I found it a good idea to make a timetable to plan out ALL my time, even down to the things such as eating lunch or watching TV
I didn't use it for a while, but now I have re-started I'm all up to date on my work
Maybe you could make one and keep it on your bedroom wall? Maybe make a copy to also keep in your diary/ planner?
I hope you feel less stressed out soon, though it is completely understandable
Sending hugs x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads