Best teacher mistakes? Watch

DouglasAdams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
We've all seen the teacher write the wrong year on 1st Jan, but have you ever seen any (other) funny teacher mistakes? Freudian slips perhaps...?

A teacher once gave me a lecture for 10 minutes about copying homework from the internet, before realising he had the wrong essay.
Also once saw a teacher accidentally tell his superior off under his breath, yet it came out a bit too loud...
Anyways, yours?
Luxray
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
he gave his class the wrong specification for their physics exam. So they had all wasted time revising for a paper that they never got.
JimmyBignutz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
On reading Of Mice and Men our English teacher paused to clarify that the abbreviation 'coon referred to Raccoons and NOT black people, not that anyone had pointed out the connection
sinfonietta
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My lecturer taught the wrong unit for the first eight weeks of a twelve week course. We still need to have everything completed by the time the class was scheduled to finish next week.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
My teacher just accepts his mistakes tbh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In geography "components of a product are sourced globally, the processor for example may be from China or India and the leather case... from a cow..."
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My economics teacher put GPD instead of GDP on the blackboard for my economics lesson.

Then, my classmate had the cheek to say "Got Ping's ****!" :facepalm:
Whitechapel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My teacher regularly listed things like:

1)
2)
C)
D)
ladymarshmallow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Teachers and smartboards are never a good combination.
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Talking about reflexive verbs in German class:

"So, what else can we do to ourselves?" Cue laughter. "Ok, moving on from that point..." *cough*

Was pretty funny at the time
sazmac12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to love pointing out double negatives used by my English teacher. Lets just hope once I begin to teach, I don't get such an ar*e like I was, that would be karma biting me where it hurt!
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by sazmac12)
I used to love pointing out double negatives used by my English teacher. Lets just hope once I begin to teach, I don't get such an ar*e like I was, that would be karma biting me where it hurt!
My teacher once read out the stage instructions for An Inspector Calls as 'Edna cleans up desert plates'. We said miss, it's desert, as in the course at the meal, not the one with sand in...
English teachers...
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by desdemonata)
Talking about reflexive verbs in German class:

"So, what else can we do to ourselves?" Cue laughter. "Ok, moving on from that point..." *cough*

Was pretty funny at the time
My German teacher was a German herself and said "Today we're going to learn about the neutral gender. Who know what the neutral is?"
I said "What miss, do you mean like Switzerland?"
sazmac12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
My teacher once read out the stage instructions for An Inspector Calls as 'Edna cleans up desert plates'. We said miss, it's desert, as in the course at the meal, not the one with sand in...
English teachers...
Ha ha! Scary thing is.... I had to read that twice to understand what was wrong with it!

Good job I want to teach primary, at least 6 year old's may be on my wavelength!
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by sazmac12)
Ha ha! Scary thing is.... I had to read that twice to understand what was wrong with it!

Good job I want to teach primary, at least 6 year old's may be on my wavelength!
Good luck with teaching primary; would be an amazing job.
But you will have a few shocks; my kindergarten teacher almost fell off her chair when I suddenly blurted out the word 'helicopter'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads