Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an experience they thought might leave them dead?

I once went surfing right after a tornado in Asia, and got pulled out to sea in the strong tide.

I really thought I was going to be lost at sea... alone, no life jacket, 45 degrees celcius heat.

I eventually managed to cross the current at a 45 degree angle and hit an outcrop of rocks. But it was close, and really made me respect the sea.

You guys?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing jawdropping that I can remember- if it was I would probably remember it... just the many occassions I have been walking across the road, daydreaming and cars have nearly smashed into me, followed by swearing, beeping horns etc.

i nearly drowned once....me being me...when i was 8 i thought i could swim in the deep end...boy was i wrong....i can safely say i can now swim in the deep end

ReputationRep:
    rolled my car on a sharp bend

ReputationRep:
    I got eletrecuted by 16,000Volts yesterday in my research lab, luckily the current was rated at only 200mA, 1 or 2Amps and I don't think I'd be writing this.

(Original post by LBC213)
    I got eletrecuted by 16,000Volts yesterday in my research lab, luckily the current was rated at only 200mA, 1 or 2Amps and I don't think I'd be writing this.
    lucky....

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend got chased by a horse when walking through a field and only just made it under the fence a the top of the field before the horse could reach us. I've never ran so fast in my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Illusionist)
    Me and my friend got chased by a horse when walking through a field and only just made it under the fence a the top of the field before the horse could reach us. I've never ran so fast in my life
    Damned horses, I swear they are the devil.

One chased me once when I was cycling, I got over a fence, but it trounced ny bike to a pulp.

I also met a farmer in the head injury clinic where I used to work, he was kicked in the head by a horse, that then bolted... as it bolted the rope tied to its neck wrapped around the guy and crushed his rib cage... he lived, but he too had lost his affinity for the animals.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly drowned in the deep end of the pool, while my mother was reading a book just a few yards away on a sunlounger

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.