Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I have a query about what funding is available to me for the next two years of my degree. I have been studying at Glasgow university since September 2009. I changed my course after two years and started from year 1 in a mathematics/statistics degree in September 2011 where I paid my own tuition fees for my first year and received no maintenance grant but received a maintenance loan. I'm now in my third year of MSci Statistics with work placement where if successful I will be on a year's work placement in my fourth year and will come back to study in my fifth year. My question is will I be eligible to receive any funding for tuition fees or living costs in either of these years?

Thanks,
    Beth
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

To confirm, are you now studying a 5 year course, and have studied another course for 2 years previously?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there,

To confirm, are you now studying a 5 year course, and have studied another course for 2 years previously?

Thanks
    That is correct, I was studying BSci Earth Science for 2 years and then changed to my current 5 year course starting from year 1.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please confirm if you have submitted applications for either or both of the academic years 2012/13 + 2013/14?

If so, can you please advise if you applied to SAAS or Student Finance England?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i've applied for both years and with SFE.

Regards,
    Beth

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

What funding did you receive for 12/13 and 13/14 ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I received a maintenance loan, tuition fee loan and maintenance grant for both 2012/13 and currently for 2013/14.

Regards,
    Beth

ReputationRep:
    Hi Beth student finance will normally fund your full course including a gift year minus any previous study.

So you have two years of previous study which would be considered for your new funding.

The course you are studying now does it include the masters in the total of 5 years if so then you would be entitled to the funding for your next years as the calculation would be your current course length which is 5 years plus the gift year minus the previous study

So 5+1 = 6 - 2 = 4 therefore you would be entitled to 4 years of funding for the course, I would advise to confirm this with an adviser if you wanted further information as to your entitlement.

Thanks

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.