Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My ex and I broke up just over a year ago after 5 years of being together. We ended up in a long distance relationship with university & we simply couldn't keep it going. We both did each other wrong & in the end, I had to make it stop.

    We haven't spoken since we split up other than to tell him a family member of mine passed away. He rang me and he sent his condolences and that was it.

    He is now teaching on a gap year the other side of the world which I found out through a mutual friend. We were going to meet up before he went but I stayed at uni for the summer & we missed each other by a couple of days.

    I still think about him every single day. I still love him, I miss him as a person & everything in my life is so perfect, but the fact he isn't here is tearing me apart. We have now both finished uni & I am living back at home, I have my dream job & everything I wanted. Except the missing puzzle piece is abroad.

    Should I contact him? Even to see how he is doing or leave it? We didn't finish on the best of terms but when he rang me it was ok. Really need some advice I'm driving myself crazy.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    If you really believe you can't live on without him then yeah contact him.

    it won't hurt to speak to him about both of your feelings.

    If I loved someone I would do everything I could to make it work between us.

    Im sure he's thinking about you too.

    Just do what feels right, but don't let it slip from your grasp, because if he goes with someone else you'll feel a lot worse!

    Hope I helped
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2013
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.