Turn on thread page Beta

i just started university after a gap year. i have a lot of really really great friends. but no guy seems to fancy me or find me attractive. even in clubs i don't think i get approached so much. none of the guys in my friendship group come on to me even though they have with other girls. even those that they know are not interested in sex.

before on my gap year i lived somewhere else in another country and i often got attention from guys etc.

now i am starting to think i am not attractive/boring. i am NOT interested in one night stand. when i am drunk i do get quite crazy though. i would not say i'm hot or anything but i thought i was at least reasonably attractive/content with my looks, its getting me down.

i am also finding it hard to sustain male friendships now.

ReputationRep:
    If it's the looks that you realistically want to get judged upon on TSR, posting pic will make everything much easier.
    there are a lot of motivational quotes that you can take advantage of in 21st century such as...

if you think you are pretty, they will think you are pretty as well.
    beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder.

also a lot of theories could be abstracted from what you have said. such as...
    you are paranoid. you probably are as you've described, reasonably attractive.
    you look dam good that you intimidate every guys.
    it just happen to be that where you stay there were more 'introverted' guys.

a lot can be said. but as i said, if you want the direct, hard judgement on your beauty. the way is to post a pic.

ReputationRep:
    Your happiness shouldn't depend on attention from guys. You probably don't care so:

What about you go up to males you find interesting? Start a conversation with them. I know if a girl walked up to me I'd love it, no matter if I found her attractive or not.

(Original post by DannyYYYY)
    Your happiness shouldn't depend on attention from guys. You probably don't care so:

What about you go up to males you find interesting? Start a conversation with them. I know if a girl walked up to me I'd love it, no matter if I found her attractive or not.
    i don't care i want them to approach me not the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    Well then you can't really complain no guys are approaching you if you won't even try approaching them.

(Original post by DannyYYYY)
    Well then you can't really complain no guys are approaching you if you won't even try approaching them.
    if i approach them then they are still not approaching me and i'm back at square one? i have no problem approaching guys but it's not something i want to do and feel if a guy fancies me enough then he should make the effort. if i seriously liked a guy THEN i would let him know first/approach him but otherwise, no. i am not complaining about my lack of guys in total i am complaining about the lack of guys who approach me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.