Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could give me advice as to how I can transfer from Medicinal & Pharmaceutical Chemistry onto Medicine. That's if it's possible. Please let me know any routes to get onto Medicine even if it means leaving GB. Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    I do not believe there are any schools that offer this sort of transfer. You would need to quit your course and re-apply for medicine or complete your degree and then apply for graduate entry.

I am happy to be corrected...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pittawithcheese)
    I do not believe there are any schools that offer this sort of transfer. You would need to quit your course and re-apply for medicine or complete your degree and then apply for graduate entry.

I am happy to be corrected...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Leicester offer it (bottom of 'First year' section: http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/ugp/biological/b1b2) and Bradford offer something similar with Leeds Med School (http://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/vi...on-bsc-4-years).

Don't know if anywhere would do it with Chem though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bee_ib)
    If anyone could give me advice as to how I can transfer from Medicinal & Pharmaceutical Chemistry onto Medicine. That's if it's possible. Please let me know any routes to get onto Medicine even if it means leaving GB. Thank you!!!
    It is very unlikely. There are a few courses, like the ones already mentioned, where you can apply to transfer to medicine after the first year, but they are usually biomedical science-type courses rather than chemistry. Most universities will not consider internal transfers by any other pathway, and it is even less likely that you would be able to transfer to another university onto their medicine course.

There are a few which will accept an application from students who are already on another course, but you would have to go into the first year, your current degree wouldn't count for anything. I can't find the list of places that does that, so you'd have to contact them to find out.

If you really want to do medicine, your best options are to either drop out of your current course and apply next year, or complete your course and apply for graduate entry.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.