Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay well I have recently started noticing things from this girl, at first I was a bit oblivious but she is super shy so its hard for me to judge if she likes me, I am just going to name a few examples; she out of the blue at one point asked me if I am going to a certain lecture (at this point we were barely acquaintances) , I replied with maybe and skipped it, she asked why I wasn't at the lecture etc , she always asks if I am going to lectures. At a recent house party I talked to her for a bit and she kept beaming at me and I had to go help another girl out, she would just constantly look at me but I didn't notice until my friends pointed it out, then she totally started ignoring me, I went up to her smiled and tried to start a conversation but she turned around before I could say a word. I tried to signal her I like her, by hugging her when she was going into the taxi home. But I have no idea, she is super shy and I might just have wishful thinking. Does she like me or is it all in my head?

ReputationRep:
    I would say she has some interest, but looks like something you did upset her a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seamen)
    Okay well I have recently started noticing things from this girl, at first I was a bit oblivious but she is super shy so its hard for me to judge if she likes me, I am just going to name a few examples; she out of the blue at one point asked me if I am going to a certain lecture (at this point we were barely acquaintances) , I replied with maybe and skipped it, she asked why I wasn't at the lecture etc , she always asks if I am going to lectures. At a recent house party I talked to her for a bit and she kept beaming at me and I had to go help another girl out, she would just constantly look at me but I didn't notice until my friends pointed it out, then she totally started ignoring me, I went up to her smiled and tried to start a conversation but she turned around before I could say a word. I tried to signal her I like her, by hugging her when she was going into the taxi home. But I have no idea, she is super shy and I might just have wishful thinking. Does she like me or is it all in my head?
    Perfect example of girls being bloody impossible to figure out.

I can think of a number of explanations for her behavior. Some involve her liking you, some involve her not liking you, and some involve her having changed her mind at some point in the story (in either direction). I honestly don't have a clue. Just try and be more flirty/ask her out. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    She might have gotten mixed messages from you too - she seems interested (or originally was) but might be confused as to if you like her. Just be really friendly/nice to her, not overly flirty, you'll soon find out if shes interested or not

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, my sister is shy as well and when she likes guys she just keep staring at them and stuff like that but when the guy comes and say something to her she just gets very nervous so she leaves, or just finish the conversation. That makes her look as if she doesn't like the guy but in reality she does like him. Maybe the girl you like feels the same? You could try be more direct, ask her out or something. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, it seems like she likes me, she doesn't hesitate to wave at me, but I reckon I just have to try talk to her more so she opens up to me more.

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't. Girls are effed' in the head and will play with your head.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mauryan)
    She probably doesn't. Girls are effed' in the head and will play with your head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I think those girls are the type that seek attention etc, that have a lot of guy friends, but the girl which I am talking about barely knows any guys outside her girl group, so I have a bit of certainty I think.

ReputationRep:
    you seem nice it sounds like she does like you - she could've maybe gotten embarrassed at the party because she realised she was being obvious and thought she might weird you out? or she overheard one of your friends? try talking to her more maybe

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.