The Student Room Group

What's Bristol's reputation for Law?

I've just recieved an offer from Bristol for the LLB of AAA/A*AB.

I want to put it as my insurance since they're allowing me to get a B in one of my A Levels.

If I don't get into my firm choice however, is Bristol still a good alternative ? I've heard rumours that their 'law school is not what it used to be' etc...

If I don't get any other offers at all is it still decent ?
It's one of the best, the 5th most recruited from by MC firms, plus Derren Brown went there.
Reply 2
Original post by AlexandraW96
I've just recieved an offer from Bristol for the LLB of AAA/A*AB.

I want to put it as my insurance since they're allowing me to get a B in one of my A Levels.

If I don't get into my firm choice however, is Bristol still a good alternative ? I've heard rumours that their 'law school is not what it used to be' etc...

If I don't get any other offers at all is it still decent ?

Professionally, academically or for undergraduate?

In the professions Bristol's still a good name on the CV, for Law or any other subject.

Academically it still has a decent range of top end scholars and will I imagine fare perfectly fine in the upcoming RAE.

Undergraduate, it has received several reports of teaching undergrads excessively by the use of PhD students, whether these are substnatiated and if so they are historical and now corrected is impossible to really say without speaking to a current Bristol lawyer.
Reply 3
Well I don't know about its reputation, but the department is based in The Wills Memorial Building, which is absolutely stunningly bea-utiful!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Reiss64
Well I don't know about its reputation, but the department is based in The Wills Memorial Building, which is absolutely stunningly bea-utiful!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then you end up in the classrooms..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending