Eng Lit - Short story Watch

ellekknight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm currently studying AS English Lit in my 6form. For our creative reading coursework we had to chose a book, read it and then use themes/techniques etc from it to write a short story. I chose Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
I'm terrible at short stories! I can never fit my ideas into 800 words and I find it increasingly difficult to make it flow well.
Here is my story so far! Looking for any constructive criticism and some advice! My target grade is an A and I really want this. Is this A grade standard? If not how do I get it to an A?
Thanks!
Attached files
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reiss64
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm totally gonna plagiarise this
benplumley
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The large majority of it seems very maturely written, and there are some great subtle elements to it, like the tense change on line 37. Small parts of it seem awkward and clunky. I've highlighted these bits. Also, make sure you double check your grammar before you hand it in - I think there are a couple of places where you forgot to close your quotation marks.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (69)
21.23%
The paper was reasonable (145)
44.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
17.85%
It was TERRIBLE (53)
16.31%

Watched Threads