Ucas plagiarism policy Watch

aftermath.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
While writing my personal statement for psychology I obviously looked at many examples and I didn't copy any sentences word for word but I just took some ideas for about 3 sentences in the whole of my PS and made it relevant to myself of course. I know it shouldn't really be a big deal but I'm just too paranoid and can't stop thinking about it. I wanted to know exactly how much sentences or words does the 10% ucas policy represents?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They just use that to scare you I reckon, you really think they'd do that. If you just put the wording differently a bit it would most likely by-pass the system. It's more a deterrent; who's UCAS has actually been withdrawn from such an occurrence.
Bloxorus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
They just use that to scare you I reckon, you really think they'd do that. If you just put the wording differently a bit it would most likely by-pass the system. It's more a deterrent; who's UCAS has actually been withdrawn from such an occurrence.
Not to scare OP or anything as I'm sure he'll be fine. UCAS flag a lot of applications for plagiarism (I heard the figure was about 1-2%, although don't quote me on that). They don't withdraw the application, they just let the universities know and then they decide what they want to do about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
patricio_miguel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ugh I'm so scared of this plagiarism thing! I haven't copied it whatsoever but it is them phrases like "I began learning spanish" or book titles that are in other personal statements that scare me 😂 I know it won't be flagged but I don't know its just scary
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (135)
24.91%
The paper was reasonable (240)
44.28%
Not feeling great about that exam (104)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.62%

Watched Threads