Turn on thread page Beta

SO I need some kind of guidance to how my relationship is going to turn out;
    I will try and explain the whole story, but it's a little confusing

I first met my bf in the summer of 2011. He had just gotten out of a previous long term relationship of about two years and it was his first relationship. I fell for him straight away but nothing happened because he returned to his ex. A good few months later, around March 2012 we started talking again, he explained it never was going to work out between he and his ex. We started seeing each other, he was my first and I was head over heals.
    In the summer of 2012 he confessed to me that he had cheated on me with that ex two weeks earlier. I think he only told me because his ex had threatened to tell me herself. I had evidence of this because when I was home I had a message off her, sent about the time he told me. I was heartbroken. It was a few days before I went on holiday so I that gave me time to think about how I wanted to deal with it. I missed him so much, I wanted to give it another go. I met up with him when I got back, he thought I wouldn't give him a second change but I did. But again, after a few weeks I find that he got back with her when I was on holiday, plus a couple of my friends caught them out together,. I wanted to end it. I did. We just stayed friends, we were so compatible. He didn't think we would get back together so he tried his best to make it up to me. After a couple of months we started up slow and I began to trust him again. It felt more like he was more in love with me because I was still so wary. For the past year we have been an extremely strong and loving couple and I haven't been happier.
    Now this week I went to visit a friend at Uni. We got extremely drunk and I ended up doing stuff with her. We are good friends, straight and didn't know what we were doing. I did it without thinking that what I was doing was wrong.. It was a huge regret the next day. Me and my friend are fine, we aren't awkward but we know it was something that wouldn't happen again. When I got home I felt so guilty, I told my bf and he says he doesn't think he will be able to trust me. We are going to talk later but it's hard while he's been working away every week. I feel so much worse for telling him, I feel I've done the worst possible, but when I think back, I forgave him for so much worse. He cheated on me several times with his ex who he must of still had feelings for. I did something less with a friend and confessed to it quickly. Am I that much in the wrong and too blind to see it? What can I expect to happen? I need opinions please,I have no one to talk to about it.

ReputationRep:
    Bad luck innit

ReputationRep:
    Tell him that next time he can join in with you and your friend...

sorted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.