Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So the story goes....

Met a guy online, we chatted for ,quite some time and eventually met up. He is a nice guy, really easy to talk to and very interesting. We chat on fb most days and sometimes skype. He is quite flirty over fb ect but we have now met a few times and he has never tried , anything more than a hug.

I am much less experienced in things like this than he is, but I have given him ample opportunity to push things a bit further.

I know people will say I should have pushed it further, but I am not going to do that unless I feel that is what he wants to do but is just not brave enough.

Over all I think he is just too nice, there just isn't that spark there.

I don't want to lead him on or waste anymore of his time, but I do enjoy chatting to him.

I think its a friend zone situation.

How do I go about letting him know this?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel any kind of spark or that the friendship could go any further into a relationship, then it would be better to tell him sooner rather than later. Maybe the fact that he hasn't pushed it further either could mean he feels the same way.
    You don't want to leave it to tell him you's are just friends because he eventually tries to pull a move on you, I personally think it would be better if you just slipped it into a conversation. Say he gives you advice, you could just add something like 'thanks, your such a good friend, I hope we stay friends' and it might be better if you kept any flirting to a minimum to help push the hint. Or there's the straight up telling him that you think nothing more cold happen than just being friends, you don't want to go any further because you don't want to ruin what you have has friends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.