References Watch

daniel1005
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know Liverpool require 5 references from specific placements. I currently have 3 and I am struggling to get references of the other two placements which are required a farm and stables. I have emailed them and I was considering going to the actual farm and asking him to write one that way, but he's likely to be busy and won't be able to do it right away. Does anyone have a way to get people to write references?!
SilverstarDJ
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In future, I would recommend asking if they can write a reference for you at the end before you start, and ask them over the time that you are there.

I would suggest perhaps going back in person and handing them a self addressed envelope and asking for a reference when they have some time to suit them. Say you need it for your application and would really appreciate it. That way, they might put it on their desk and it'll remind them of you when they sort paperwork, and they can do it at a time to suit them. Wait for around 2 weeks, and if not, give them a phone call.

Yes, they are busy people, but most of them do oblige if you ask them nicely. Some genuinely just forget!
indianajones96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do you have to have 5 references or is it ok to have 3 or 4?
daniel1005
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by indianajones96)
From what I have heard you need references from 1 SA vet, 1 LA vet, 1 farm, 1 kennel/cattery, 1 stable????
SilverstarDJ
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by indianajones96)
It would better if you had the full 5 references to be honest, but if you are having problems / concerns best to ring them up and ask their views.
indianajones96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (104)
19.05%
The paper was reasonable (274)
50.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
10.81%

Watched Threads