Christmas Present Ideas for Boyfriend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Want to get something special, not like a DVD or something but no clue what to get him! Ideas please?! (He is 28) How much should I spend? We have just been together for a few months. Worried if I get him something expensive and he gets me something small it will seem too much and over the top but don't want it to be the other way around either and it will seem like I've not given him much!
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As you have only been together a few months I would recommend not spending a huge amount of money. Instead I would think back to previous conversations and see if he's mentioned anything that he likes, or thinks he would like but hasn't seen/done yet and try and do or make something thoughtful instead
ilex_noemi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I asked my boyfriend if we could have a limit. Although we set one, I know that he's going to go over it! lol at least I wont feel quite as bad though. The amount we're spending should be slightly similar.
Smoosh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would have a talk with him first and make sure you're on the same page, so that you don't end up with one of you buying something expensive and the other one buying something cheap. Me and my boyfriend have only been together for about 6 weeks, so I'm going to buy him some small thoughtful gifts and things he's mentioned in conversations we've had.
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Frozen peas.
canadamoose
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It really depends on what he likes and is interested in. I know it's a lot of personal information to put online, but it's hard for us to give suggestions when we don't know him at all (even to look at him!). If you give further details about your boyfriend, it'll be easier to suggest - if you're uncomfortable with that, feel free to PM me and I'll give you a suggestion based on detail.
theorangebox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say £20-£30 is reasonable if you've been going out a few months. Add another tenner or so if you're particularly rich/generous.
Propane Sky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fifa or football manager and you're onto a winner aftershave is always a good one too
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Me and my boyfriend talked about what we wanted to do for Christmas this year and I asked how much our limit would be. He suggested £100 (don't know if that's a bit steep, but I guess we are serious about each other). Anyways, I was thinking of getting him some nice trainers or Air Jordans or something.
Sempiternitas
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Perhaps something useful and romantic, like a scarf or a pair of gloves? It needs not be too expensive.
gyhill
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nudes.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do you guys think it would be ok to get him an xbox game and a DVD? The game costs £40 and the DVD costs £10. It doesn't seem very special to me but I know he really wants both of these things and I can't think of anything else. I have no idea how much he is planning to spend on mine so it's hard to know how much I should be spending.
brent_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you guys think it would be ok to get him an xbox game and a DVD? The game costs £40 and the DVD costs £10. It doesn't seem very special to me but I know he really wants both of these things and I can't think of anything else. I have no idea how much he is planning to spend on mine so it's hard to know how much I should be spending.
A DVD of his favourite movie, why not?
Care-Free
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've bought my boyfriend a pair of boots, we've been together about 9 months and i've spent £99 on him but for a few months i'd say £30 would be enough. Is there anything he actually needs like more clothes or shoes? the DVD and game would be nice and then suggest just having a nice day in/out together?
jimmyclyro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You could always talk to him about it, that is kind of the idea of a relationship you know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (161)
22.09%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.52%

Watched Threads