Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I'm a female student coming to study at Kings College London.
    I need your advice about some neighborhoods by writing a short description about each one and what do you recommend the best?

I want a nice studying environment (dont mind if its a busy area but plz no bars or night clubs around), with lovely sight seeing and the most important thing: easy transportation. (I get dizzy from bus and tube ,so no more than 25 min by bus/ least changes).

The areas are:
    Mile End
    White City
    Finsburry Park
    Benthal Green
    Old Street
    Hammersmith

Thank you in advance,

ReputationRep:
    ill speak for mile end/bethanl green. its a great place to stay, lots of cheap food,very multicultural theirs a lot of muslims but if you think their going to attack you stop reading the daily mail, and muslim patrol videoes.

their are bars and clubs, like all of london but you shouldnt have a problem seeing drunk prozzies around friday night and such like i said its more an asian area, although near the clubbing areas you'll find them, such as one end of brick lane (near mile end).

its london theirs easy transportation, it is pretty busy lots of people about. personally that part of east london is a very nice place to stay in, pretty safe to walk in the streets just a lot of drugs but better than muggings right.

im not giving a definite answer especially for the last part but i live near to tower hamlets and often go their.

anymore questions please ask

ReputationRep:
    mile end is about a mile off central london add a short little journey on top of that to get to kings college, shouldnt be far, ive gone past kings college quite a few times, (my dads a delivery man). mile end is nice although go east and you end up in newham which aint so good, doubt youll be going their except for shopping for clothes and stuff like that to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you nmjasdk for your valuable reply

ReputationRep:
    You just listed the worst areas for crime in London.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 15, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.