Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically my Mum is selling our house and is giving me and my brother £3000 each. I have never had £100 let alone this sort of money so I am a little bit unsure on what a good gaming PC is. I just want a PC that can play games at high settings and match console performance? I have a cheap laptop for university at the moment and it has Windows 8 which is even worse than the Batman an Robin movies so I will only consider PCs with Windows 7 otherwise I would rather get a Mac. On the Apple website for education I can get for £1424.40 an 21.5inch Imac with the following specs:
    3.1 GHZ (w.e that means) Quad-Core Intel Core i7 turbo boost (no idea what that means) up to 3.9GHZ
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x8GB
    1 TB Serial ATA Drive @5400 rpm?
    £1400 is a lot lot of money for me to invest in a machine. Will this give me high gaming performance and are the any other options? Thanks

EDIT: Forgot Graphics card
    Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5

ReputationRep:
    If you want something for gaming, I wouldn't get a laptop. The fan systems aren't designed to cope with heavy gaming.

Build your own PC, don't get an integrated graphics card, get one that's separate. Get a good quality processor, I don't think you would need quadcore but it will make gaming quicker.

You can build a good gaming laptop for around £500-£600, I wouldn't bother wasting your money on an Apple pile of cr*p that's gonna break on you in 6 months.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.