Staying overnight with boyfriend for first time...? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So my boyfriend has hinted a few times that he thinks we should spend the night together soon (not leading to anything, basically just sleeping!). But it would be my first time doing this and I feel a little anxious about it. I tend to hate sleeping in front of people and the thought of us sleeping in the same bed makes me feel slightly paranoid! I don't think I would be able to sleep! What if I do something weird in my sleep or snore or something, and also I am not a pretty sight in the mornings ! Anything I should do to prepare? I know this post sounds a bit ridiculous but just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences and how it turned out?
musketeer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my boyfriend has hinted a few times that he thinks we should spend the night together soon (not leading to anything, basically just sleeping!). But it would be my first time doing this and I feel a little anxious about it. I tend to hate sleeping in front of people and the thought of us sleeping in the same bed makes me feel slightly paranoid! I don't think I would be able to sleep! What if I do something weird in my sleep or snore or something, and also I am not a pretty sight in the mornings ! Anything I should do to prepare? I know this post sounds a bit ridiculous but just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences and how it turned out?

Put it this way, if your boyfriend loves you for you, he will put up with whatever weird things you do in the night and might even find them cute. No one is a pretty sight in the morning and he certainly won't be! Just bite the bullet and go for it!
Serpentine111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol. Naive.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Serpentine111)
Lol. Naive.
Haha, well that's what the plan is. We are taking things slow.
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Serpentine111)
Lol. Naive.
Yeah, go into this with your eyes open. Hopefully your boyfriend is respectful and just wants to be more intimate without doing anything sexual. But remember to go at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

Nobody wakes up looking more glamorous than when they went to sleep. If you ever plan on sharing a bed with someone, even platonically, you'll have to just take the plunge at some point. Nobody would expect you to look serene all night.
superduper9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't worry, it's pretty normal to get a bit anxious when spending the night for the first time with your new partner. I was a bit nervous too when it happened with my first gf - we were 18 at the time and it seemed like a fairly big step because I had never spent the night with a girl before that! Just relax and go with the flow. Don't pre-plan anything because it may throw you if it doesn't go quite to plan. Instead just go with an open mind and I'm sure that if you tell your bf, he will make it as easy and comfortable for you as possible!
peedie pixie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The first time I stayed with my boyfriend it was the longest night of my life so be prepared for that!
Jamerson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The first time I spent the night with my (now ex) girlfriend, we were sharing a single bed! There was no issue and it was cute and cuddly.
And I assume you won't be in a single bed, so that's a bonus!
Nuts B Dragon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its worse for him. Just imagine how paranoid he is about getting a boner.
buchanan700
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh sweetie. If you're nervous about just sharing a bed please, please make sure you don't do anything else! Bless you.
(Oh God, that sounded so patronising. Hopefully you know what I mean )
As others have said, no one looks good in the morning. Just try not to breath on him in the morning and you'll be fine.
Also be the little spoon. Means he isn't looking at you, as well as it's nice and cosy.
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's invited you over to sleep in his bed and you don't think he'll be after anything sexual :rolleyes:
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was like that but it really wasn't that bad. It turned out that I have a bad habit of kicking and so does my guy. And you can't wake up looking like Marilyn Monroe! You should see me! Anyway bottom line,wasnt that bad because we both snored
Ohliwiah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't shared a bed with a boy yet but I'd imagine that since he's your boyfriend try to pretend its a normal sleepover with your best friend but more fun:-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads