Anxious about applying for job in Guernsey, should I apply Watch

rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of applying for a graduate job in Guernsey (desperate). It's so far away from London and home and I'm not sure how moving there will affect my anxiety. Should I do it? What do you guys reckon?

I'm just anxious thinking about it. One part of me wants to do it the other half thinks i'll be subjected to racism, will have no friends, and will be very very lonely there. It's probably anxiety talking .
riv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What job is it exactly ?
The question always is : what other option/s is / are there ?
It's rare for something perfect to be offered - you have to choose the least bad option sometimes.
rock_climber86
Rep:
?
(Original post by riv)
What job is it exactly ?
The question always is : what other option/s is / are there ?
It's rare for something perfect to be offered - you have to choose the least bad option sometimes.
various jobs from data analyst type work, data admin, data entry and consultancy. Dad thinks im just fooling myself into believing im ill but my doc reckons it's anxiety and referred me to have cbt again. Indian attitudes towards mental health are so bad. Most my cousins and relatives think i'm just lazy and think my parents should just kick me out onto the streets to force me to get a job and stay in work.

oh i also turned down a dream climbing job which i was really excited about! Said yes then quit before my first shift

Posted from TSR Mobile
riv
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i don't understand any of this - you seem to be conflating a whole load of issues which have nothing to do with Guernsey.
rock_climber86
Rep:
?
sorry for the rndom rambling! My heads not on strsight

Posted from TSR Mobile
riv
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Suggest you try making a LIST of each of your issues; then post each one separately and see if you get any useful suggestions.

Or don't you have a college Counsellor you can discuss everything with ?

If not see your local GP - s/he will not have time to discuss your stuff BUT they can refer you to someone who will.

'A trouble shared etc..........'

[Still don't know why you've got it in for Guernsey - and anyway no-one there has offered you a job have they ?? ]

(Original post by rock_climber86)
sorry for the rndom rambling! My heads not on strsight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morcion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rock_climber86)
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of applying for a graduate job in Guernsey (desperate). It's so far away from London and home and I'm not sure how moving there will affect my anxiety. Should I do it? What do you guys reckon?

I'm just anxious thinking about it. One part of me wants to do it the other half thinks i'll be subjected to racism, will have no friends, and will be very very lonely there. It's probably anxiety talking .
Hey there,

I've lived in Guernsey for many years and now moved back to the UK, didn't like it at all and for someone with anxiety and nerves, I just couldn't do it and if I had stayed I would have had a break down.

Having said that, Guernsey is beautiful. Why don't you take a visit there? You can get anywhere, and I mean anywhere on the island within 30 minutes.

Also, there's only a 5 year license or something like that so you wouldn't be able to live over there longer, unless you either buy an open market property or you are doing a higher end job which allows you to stay.

If you need any other information, feel free to quote me on this thread! I know everything about Guernsey, well, nearly.
rock_climber86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Morcion)
Hey there,

I've lived in Guernsey for many years and now moved back to the UK, didn't like it at all and for someone with anxiety and nerves, I just couldn't do it and if I had stayed I would have had a break down.

Having said that, Guernsey is beautiful. Why don't you take a visit there? You can get anywhere, and I mean anywhere on the island within 30 minutes.

Also, there's only a 5 year license or something like that so you wouldn't be able to live over there longer, unless you either buy an open market property or you are doing a higher end job which allows you to stay.

If you need any other information, feel free to quote me on this thread! I know everything about Guernsey, well, nearly.
Hi there,

Thanks for your post! . I will definitely visit it and Jersey someday . I decided against applying to those islands for jobs. I've applied for positions in St Albans and Reading instead . I live in London but don't like the idea of working in a really big head office type office, and at the same time I don't quite think i'm ready to cut myself off from the mainland just yet .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.17%
The paper was reasonable (395)
42.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.16%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.15%

Watched Threads