How to find like minded people? Watch

Maestrok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
If you're in a situation like me where you have friends who are either in long term relationships, busy with work, don't have the time or money or simply cant be asked to do the things you like what do you do about it?

I've always felt that i've missed out on a lot of things to go and see just because i have no one to go to. I get that going alone is an option which i have done but some activities are best done with more than one person.

Also know that im out of uni its more so difficult finding people who have the same interests. So just wanted to know if there is a solution to this? Maybe anyone out there knows of a website?
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends what your interests are. For niche interests that are websites and forums to discuss things on but for more popular ones do a search of some keywords and your town and see what events there are.
tflanjee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you like sports there are many sporting clubs out there which are great ways of meeting people. I'm at a badminton club and there you can make friends and meet up with them to do other stuff. Websites such as this can make you friends over the internet but you have to be careful meeting up with these people for obvious reasons.
What are your interests? What kind of things do you want to do? If you list some I'll be able to give you a bit more specific help
Maybe you could try doing some volunteering???
Maestrok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by tflanjee)
If you like sports there are many sporting clubs out there which are great ways of meeting people. I'm at a badminton club and there you can make friends and meet up with them to do other stuff. Websites such as this can make you friends over the internet but you have to be careful meeting up with these people for obvious reasons.
What are your interests? What kind of things do you want to do? If you list some I'll be able to give you a bit more specific help
Maybe you could try doing some volunteering???
Thanks thats nice of you. So i'd say my interests are Football, hip-hop, art, culture, museums, design, photography and travel. It's a bit tricky finding people with the same interests as you who would be up to going out. I saw in the timeout magazine of the riverside chirstmas markets which would be quite cool to go but, ideally it would be nice to have someone to go with
tflanjee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thefa.com/my-football - here you should be able to find a club which suits your ability
http://www.goingdigital.co.uk/ This is just used as an example, a photography course at a local college or centre might be good. As for travel, get a back-pack and go, bus tours youth hostels might be a great place to meet interesting people.
The other thing is dating websites just for friendship... like okCupid.
The other website I found was this http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/6...ore/?p=1936879. Don't be put off by the title it's like a penpal website I think and you can see users and their interests on this thread...
These are all just examples have a look in your local area for stuff like this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (184)
29.97%
The paper was reasonable (250)
40.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (107)
17.43%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
11.89%

Watched Threads