How to stop caring so much of what others may think? Watch

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is definitely the main barrier to me improving my confidence :sigh: I've avoided a lot of social situations due to fear of people judging me negatively & making a fool of myself. My social life is poor as fear has stopped me from facing certain situations head on, my mind seems to find a way of thinking every action or thing I say results in criticism from others which is obviously impossible to know as I can't read the minds of other people.

I certainly need to think people are judging me more positively that's for sure & just be my natural self instead of overthinking situations which leads to me being nervous & awkward I actually like interaction with people but I guess shyness can often get in the way & I just want to know how to improve. I feel like sometimes I'm fighting against my own mind
Nuts B Dragon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has someone else's opinion of you ever hurt you? no.
Maestrok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I kinda felt like you before but i realised that i'll be the only one in my grave. You like alone and die alone. Therefore you have to make the most of your life and not let the quality of it be ruined by others opinion. Usually people who tend to hate have their own issues but find it hard to ask for help. The best you can do is be yourself as anything else would be just living a lie. I now tend to be myself and found that i'm much more happier, rather than trying to conform to others opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads