Screwed up Watch

katiegud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In my research proposal, I referenced a report from the Czech Republic. When I copied it from google docs into word, it decided that Czech names do not need vowels. Now all the names on that reference are misspelled, and I did not notice until I got an email from a prof that knows the author this morning. It has already been sent to 3 universities. How likely is it that they'll notice? Am I screwed now for those programs?
moutonfou
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should contact them and explain the error. They will see that the rest of the proposal is in good correct English and understand.
kka25
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, no harm done

Actually, if you do that, they'll now know that you do take good care of your work and you're serious with your research.
polscistudent88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It always depends on those that deal with the application, but it does not seem anything horrible! Just email them, and send them a correct version of the proposal!
katiegud
Rep:
?
Okay. I'm worried about it looking really bad to ask to resubmit it.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katiegud)
Okay. I'm worried about it looking really bad to ask to resubmit it.
I wouldn't think you'd ned to resubmit it. Just contact each recipient, giving the reference as it appears in tour original proposal and the corrected version of the reference. If they need it to be resubmitted, they'll tell you.

The longer you delay addressing it, the more slack you'll potentially look. The longer it's in the system, the more people may see it in an uncorrected form. Act now to get credit for finding the error and seeking to address it.
katiegud
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice everyone. I just emailed the admissions offices to let them know what happened, so we'll see what they say. Hopefully this will not kill my apps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.75%
The paper was reasonable (440)
45.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.03%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed