Overpaid grant Watch

Chris18051991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I am in my final year however due to the loss of my father i took an interruption of studies and was left with an overpaid grant. I applied for this to be lifted however SFE said they could not do this. However what they could try do is have me write to head office and ask if i could be given my full entitlement and be given back what had been deducted so far and pay back my overpaid grant at the end of my course with the rest of my fees. I have just written the letter and will send it to head office tomorrow however for my peace of mind i wanted to know if this was a likely option and if you feel head office would accept this application and give me my full entitlement even though my first installment has already been deducted.

Thanks
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

Each case is treated on an individual basis. Did you send evidence of financial hardship?

Thanks
Chris18051991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Mark,
I was advised on the phone to write a letter explaining my situation, in this case it being my father bereavement which lead to me having to interrupt leading to the overpaid grant. I was told to send a letter which i wrote being 2 pages long detailing how difficult it is at the moment and isit possible for me to email you the letter so you can have a look at it? Do you feel i should re post my letter and attach a statement showing my current account balance? Thank you for your reply and do you know how long the process will take as i am really finding it difficult at the moment with this deduction of my over paid grand.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (1)
11.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
11.11%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
44.44%

Watched Threads