Strangest (but yummy?) food you've eaten? Watch

xsindy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!

I'm extremely bored.

What are the strangest (well, what you think the general public would consider "strange") foods that you've eaten? They can be nice foods, or horrible foods that you wouldn't go near ever again!

I remember in Year 6, my mum put a packet of dried seaweed in my packed lunch, and my best friend laughed at me so I pretended that I thought it was weird too and chucked it away. That may or may not have been the lowest point of my life. LOL. :'(

Stories, guys!
Wombat96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xsindy)
Hi!

I'm extremely bored.

What are the strangest (well, what you think the general public would consider "strange") foods that you've eaten? They can be nice foods, or horrible foods that you wouldn't go near ever again!
At some point in my life I seemed to think cheese and honey would be a good combination... And I was right
Also I've established raw carrots go well with anything; peanut butter, mayonnaise, salsa, you name it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had some strange stuff in my lifetime. Had aligator and crocodile meat, tasted just like chicken breast. Had a monitor lizard and iguana once, it was ermmm yucky. Had several snakes, it tasted somewhere between a monk fish and chicken breast. Also had snake blood with rice wine...urghhh I think I'll pass on this. Isn't bad tasting but urghhhhhh just the thought was rather unpleasant. Ate tiger's penis and testicles once, I sure hope I don't have to eat it again as it was in China and it was one of those times when you just have to shut up and eat or you'd be responsible for losing the company millions in profits. Next time I'll bring a junior to make him eat this ****. Admittedly the texture once it's cooked in a big pot of soup wasn't bad. In case you're wondering, no it doesn't make you hornier or improve your virility :P Smelly tofu, like the name suggest it stinks like ****, in fact if there is a place that sells it, the pong of the stench can be smelt from at least 50m away. However it was one of the nicest textures of tofu I've ever had. Just don't eat it at home :P
Pipsico
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's called balut. Basically a fertilised duck eggs that is delicious when drizzled with some salt and pepper. But you must navigate around the fetus of the duck/eat the fetus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't say I've eaten anything particularly bizarre myself. I tried reindeer pizza when I went to Lapland about a decade ago, but don't remember it, and that's not hugely different to eating venison I guess :yep:

(Original post by Pipsico)
But you must navigate around the fetus of the duck/eat the fetus.
I think the whole point of balut was to to eat the whole thing, bones and all.
Pipsico
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)

I think the whole point of balut was to to eat the whole thing, bones and all.
Yeah thus the part where I said to eat it. I half eat it - I remove the head as it looks too 'real'

The yolk part of it is most delicious though - soft and creamy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
I used to eat cheese, ketchup and butter mixed altogether when I was younger
summer26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cow Brain. Ate them when I was younger so I thought It was some kind of a yummy tofu, but when I ate it again as an adult, I realized IT REALLY WAS A COW BRAIN, flipped it and saw all the nerves and ****, and that was the last time I ever touched a fried cow brain again.... It tasted good though.
summer26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I used to eat cheese, ketchup and butter mixed altogether when I was younger
they had that in the honey boo boo show! except with a spaghetti, so how does it taste?
techno-thriller
Report 5 years ago
Milk + 7UP
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by summer26)
they had that in the honey boo boo show! except with a spaghetti, so how does it taste?
I can't really remember, but I used to like it! I don't think I'd like it now, though :lol:
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
melted chocolate,peanut butter and loads of chilli
LilacLily
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like to mix a little bit of marmite with vanilla ice cream. mmmmm... Everyone who has ever seen me do this has been grossed out but the heart wants what the heart wants.
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alfissti)
I've had some strange stuff in my lifetime. Had aligator and crocodile meat, tasted just like chicken breast. Had a monitor lizard and iguana once, it was ermmm yucky. Had several snakes, it tasted somewhere between a monk fish and chicken breast. Also had snake blood with rice wine...urghhh I think I'll pass on this. Isn't bad tasting but urghhhhhh just the thought was rather unpleasant. Ate tiger's penis and testicles once, I sure hope I don't have to eat it again as it was in China and it was one of those times when you just have to shut up and eat or you'd be responsible for losing the company millions in profits. Next time I'll bring a junior to make him eat this ****. Admittedly the texture once it's cooked in a big pot of soup wasn't bad. In case you're wondering, no it doesn't make you hornier or improve your virility :P Smelly tofu, like the name suggest it stinks like ****, in fact if there is a place that sells it, the pong of the stench can be smelt from at least 50m away. However it was one of the nicest textures of tofu I've ever had. Just don't eat it at home :P
Thats so funny, I never knew that culture actually existed of how they prepare delicacies for you to have.
Davelittle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Half of this stuff sounds like it should be on "I'm a celebreity get me out of here!" tonight :L
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've ate Crocodile, Springbok, Kudu, Impala and Ostrich. All of them were surprisingly tasty, especially Ostrich which was dried to make biltong (similar to beef jerky). Worst tasting 'exotic' meat I had was Kangaroo which tasted too earthy. Was at a BBQ once and some random guy popped over the wall and traded us some wild goose for a few burgers, and it tasted really nice. Also my family used to make vinegar pudding which tastes lovely, but obviously when I told my friends about it they thought I was a mentalist :lol:
NOONA.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chips and ice cream. Not exactly strange but it does taste great
Crimsonyte
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Beef trifle! Turns out Joey wasn't lying on Friends
Daniellejo.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pipsico)
It's called balut. Basically a fertilised duck eggs that is delicious when drizzled with some salt and pepper. But you must navigate around the fetus of the duck/eat the fetus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I get this image out of my head? :afraid:
iheartdjokovic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The strangest thing I've ever consumed would have to be Mongolian fermented mare's milk, it was pretty vile (kind of just tasted like gone-off milk, as you might expect)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (161)
22.09%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.52%

Watched Threads