Festival themed birthday party, help?!? Watch

jadej
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,
I'm currently planning my 18th birthday party, and I want to go with the theme of a music festival as I've been to quite a few..
I've got a few ideas for decorations and stuff but I wanted to see if anyone else could come up with anything else?
Current ideas are;
-Table centre pieces as wellies, with flower hair garlands, glow sticks and glow paint in them
-Wristbands as invites (just the paper type, I'm not made of money!)
-Sign above the bar saying 'ciderbus' (like at Glastonbury, if anyone has seen it?)
-Lineup posters from other festivals

I feel like I'm somehow missing something and it'd be great if anyone could put their views/ideas across to me and if anyone knows how to get this stuff for cheap (especially the glow paint, it's a nightmare to get it in bulk) then I'd appreciate it alot!

Thanks x
Milostar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jadej)
Hi guys,
I'm currently planning my 18th birthday party, and I want to go with the theme of a music festival as I've been to quite a few..
I've got a few ideas for decorations and stuff but I wanted to see if anyone else could come up with anything else?
Current ideas are;
-Table centre pieces as wellies, with flower hair garlands, glow sticks and glow paint in them
-Wristbands as invites (just the paper type, I'm not made of money!)
-Sign above the bar saying 'ciderbus' (like at Glastonbury, if anyone has seen it?)
-Lineup posters from other festivals

I feel like I'm somehow missing something and it'd be great if anyone could put their views/ideas across to me and if anyone knows how to get this stuff for cheap (especially the glow paint, it's a nightmare to get it in bulk) then I'd appreciate it alot!

Thanks x
That sounds really fun

How about getting some accessories for fancy dress with the theme of 'festival steroetypes' so that your guests can dig in and do some dressing up. You could have characters like 'aging hippies', 'glampers', 'first-timers', 'earth mums'.

Another suggestion - turn off the heating and open all the windows and provide blankets for that authentic festival experience
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to spend the two days prior to the event watering your garden to saturation point, so come party day, you can all slide around in the mud. :yep:
jadej
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Oh wow, I love the idea of having like a box of fancy dress things, that would be really fun and opening windows and having blankets would be so cool!
I've booked a venue for the party but I was trying to think of some way to incorporate mud into it!
Thank you for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads