Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study forensic computing at university and it has been my goal for ages now. What I am wondering is which A-levels would be beneficial when having to apply for a uni. Here is what I am thinking of:

Computing
    Business Studies
    Psychology
    Biology

What do you recommend? I definitely want to take computing and business studies.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying to university for Computer Forensics. I am taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I was a bit worried as I did not take Computing but already have three offers
    I emailed some universities and apparently though, the best subjects would be Maths, Computer Science and another subject.
    I think those subjects you mentioned sound good though, and you could probably relate them in your personal statement.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Maybe replace Business with Maths or Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology

This would be most legit for the too unis imo
    And then drop biology for A2
    Whilst learning some programming as extra curricular

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 15, 2013

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.