A question for current dentists/practice owners. Watch

ImAz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
To put it concisely, will I be at a disadvantage in the job market if I have a degree from a fairly newly established dental school (Plymouth)?

I'm applying for Undergrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prada:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
An answer not from dentist/practice owner but from sales rep whi goes to dental practices every day. About 25% of my clients are dentists qualified in EU + another 7-10% dentist qualified outside of EU (who passed their ORE exam). I don't see why degree fromPlymouth would be a problem
ImAz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Prada:))
An answer not from dentist/practice owner but from sales rep whi goes to dental practices every day. About 25% of my clients are dentists qualified in EU + another 7-10% dentist qualified outside of EU (who passed their ORE exam). I don't see why degree fromPlymouth would be a problem
Thank you! I was thinking along the same lines, but so many people have tried to dissuade me away from Plymouth!

Posted from TSR Mobile
eddydentist
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
don't think Plymouth's that great but it really won't matter in terms of job prospects - there are loads of jobs out there - albeit some are rubbish!
muchomungo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bear in mind that your Plymouth degree won't be recognised in Australia, unlike older unis in the UK. So that option will effectively be unavailable to you if wish to go there. Other than that, it shouldn't make a difference. There's people from Bulgarian unis getting dental jobs for goodness sake!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (161)
22.09%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.52%

Watched Threads