Crossfit Watch

somerville07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone into Crossfit on here, either as a Crossfit fit doer or just watching the games etc. ?

Just thought id make a thread so we can talk about it, if there another i'm sorry I didn't really look but direct me to it if so.
lilixxx1000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm thinking about joining my local crossfit after Christmas
Spaghetti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is so much wrong with crossfit I don't even know where to begin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dr Alcoholic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's ok if it's done properly, more often than not it isn't though. Also you don't need to go to a crossfit gym to get the same results. All it seems to be is interval training and kettle bells with some dodgy high rep oly lifts thrown in there.

Went to a crossfit gym and it was bloody terrible, no regard for form or safety. If you want to do it, then do, but be wary if they start doing oly lifts as a lot of the time these crossfit trainers wouldn't know the difference between a good oly snatch from womans vag/snatch.
somerville07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Spaghetti)
There is so much wrong with crossfit I don't even know where to begin.
Please do continue...
JollyJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did some last night.. such a different kind of fitness to running, and ten times harder than lifting.

imo, some 'normal' cardio combined with strength training is better than combining the two into one with crossfit. That being said, crossfitters are mega fit and rugby players use it a lot since it's the perfect kind of fitness required for rugby.

As long as you use proper form you should be fine. Learn the lifts properly before doing them lighter, faster and with more reps in crossfit.

EDIT: and if you do go to a class they might get you to do kipping pull ups, like you would in a crossfit competition. Don't bother, just be a man and do normal ones.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by somerville07)
Please do continue...
To start with...

JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
To start with...
Watched a bit of the first vid.. you could make a video like that of 'normal' lifting fails...

I don't see how these vids mean you shouldn't do crossfit?

Apart from the kipping pull up's which, like I said, are gay.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JollyJelly)
Watched a bit of the first vid.. you could make a video like that of 'normal' lifting fails...

I don't see how these vids mean you shouldn't do crossfit?

Apart from the kipping pull up's which, like I said, are gay.
You could, and there are plenty of them. Crossfit ones just seem to be worse.

If you do it 'correctly' (if there is such a thing when it comes to crossfit) then I don't see much of a problem with it, however most people seem to be completely clueless.

Also, I don't really see the point of crossfit. To me it just seems like the new exercise fad and all the hipsters are jumping on board.
Spaghetti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by somerville07)
Please do continue...
I have seen so much **** that has actually made me gasp with horror. Some of the exercises that they promote are so dangerous, so pointless and just down right comical. A lot of the crossfit videos I have seen show horrific form (which can lead to serious injury), and the instructors encourage them as they're yanking at heavy weights or destroying their rotor cuffs (see Kipping pull-up video)

The crossfit programs have terrible structure and the excessive reps which so many people believe will make them chiselled along with the horrific form are a disaster waiting to happen. The crossfit games or whatever are a big fat con. People see these and how ripped they are and believe they can look like that from doing crossfit. What they don't know are a lot of the contestants are either current or ex-athletes, they did NOT get those bodies from crossfit alone.

Under proper guidance and using correct techniques with legitimate exercises, I have no problem with it. But I have seen so many bad examples of the **** they do and I can't believe my eyes.

Spaghetti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Spaghetti)
I have seen so much **** that has actually made me gasp with horror. Some of the exercises that they promote are so dangerous, so pointless and just down right comical. A lot of the crossfit videos I have seen show horrific form (which can lead to serious injury), and the instructors encourage them as they're yanking at heavy weights or destroying their rotor cuffs (see Kipping pull-up video)

The crossfit programs have terrible structure and the excessive reps which so many people believe will make them chiselled along with the horrific form are a disaster waiting to happen. The crossfit games or whatever are a big fat con. People see these and how ripped they are and believe they can look like that from doing crossfit. What they don't know are a lot of the contestants are either current or ex-athletes, they did NOT get those bodies from crossfit alone.

Under proper guidance and using correct techniques with legitimate exercises, I have no problem with it. But I have seen so many bad examples of the **** they do and I can't believe my eyes.

do these videos show? I can't see them on my computer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads