Am I dyslexic? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'll list a few things I think may be signs:

1) I struggle to read a number if I am not thinking about it. For example if I was told to read £5.89 as soon as I read it I would probably say £5.78 or £5.96, so I have to read it in my head before I say it.

2) I can't do mental maths. I don't know how people do it, but I cannot do it as I forget numbers and can't picture them in my head.

3) I get things wrong a lot. For example I will say something without really thinking, such as 'He went on a driving test the other day' when I actually mean 'He went on a driving lesson the other day'. Another example is saying a sentence with someones name in and I use the wrong name.

4) I struggle with spelling. I am ok with their there and they're but I get stuck on words like european (europian, europein) and other words (can't think of any right now).

5) I lose concentration when talking a lot. I'll be talking in a normal way then suddenly completely forget what I am saying or pause because I can't think of the word.

6) I can't speak fluently, especially when it's a detailed sentence i'm trying to say.

On the other side, I am pretty intelligent and I can understand things quickly.

I get things wrong a lot too, which makes it difficult to be authoritative (Why would anyone follow instructions from someone who is probably telling you the wrong thing).

So what do you think? Is this a slight sign of dyslexia or something else?
REASON_Lighters
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll list a few things I think may be signs:

3) I get things wrong a lot. For example I will say something without really thinking, such as 'He went on a driving test the other day' when I actually mean 'He went on a driving lesson the other day'. Another example is saying a sentence with someones name in and I use the wrong name.
I don't know one clear way to tell is how you spell certain words. I.e particle as partical or minute as minit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (52)
14.33%
The paper was reasonable (182)
50.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.29%

Watched Threads