How popular is it to bite your nails? Watch

mrhedgehog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is something that I personally do often. It is a habit now and I do try to stop it but I have been trying for many years now. I just want a rough idea of how many people also bite their nails
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
popular!
Bubble87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do, generally when I'm bored. I find myself doing it a lot when I'm watching TV!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lonelyknight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do it an awful lot
Hellz_Bellz!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I bite my nails too much. And when there's nothing left to bite, I bite my lips. I'm very neurotic :sad:
adam_dewji
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i am terrible! Want to stop but just do it subconsciously now! :banghead:
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
I'm guessing popular

But I stopped about 9 months ago
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a sickness, yo. But sometimes, man, just feels so good.

Human psychology fascinates me.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I see people biting their nails quite often.
yellow lorry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have handed in my notice in work, and since then my boss, she has been biting her nails A LOT. I'm leaving before Christmas which is the companies busiest time. Do you think that's the reason she's biting her nails or she feels something for me, I have thought sometimes maybe she likes me, but I'm not sure whether she just being friendly..I also have a girlfriend (which she knows)

Why would she bite her nails, I've also noticed she bites them more after I've talked to her??
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to do it a lot, but not really in public, just when I was bored at home.

Then I got to the point where I was fed up with biting them so much that they would hurt (you know when you bite a nail just a bit too far). So I gradually stopped biting them. I still bite occasionally, but not much. It's a horrible habit to have (think about all the things you touch in a day- shoes, handrails, other people, pens, the floor maybe, steering wheel, pets etc then you stick your hands in your mouth, pretty unhygienic). It's also disgusting for other people to see too, especially when they're bitten down to the core or you've get wet fingertips from where they've been in your mouth. You'd be reluctant to shake hands with someone who has been biting their nails too!

I'm glad i've managed to pretty much kick the habit. I like to keep my nails so there is just a bit of white at the end of the nail. The only problem is that they underneath of the nail now gets dirty and looks horrible too! (Not as bad as biting does though!)
ninuzu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do it often. I wish I did it less frequently but it's so tempting haha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads