?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thinking of getting one and so I want to know how bearable the pain is
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found it quite painful but it was obviously bearable. I had it done 3 times in a row which was pretty bad (both nostrils done, one was slightly wonky so had it re-done immediately), my eyes were really watering at the end, which is very common with nostril and septum piercings. It's hardly going to kill you and by the time you know whether or not it's painful, it's a bit too late :p: People have different pain thresholds, anyway.
colourmered
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My friend said it just feels like a quick pinch and makes your eyes water. Apparently it hurts less than doing cartilage, and I've pierced my cartilage quite a few times and it barely hurts at all for me
smajid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bearable. It only hurts when youre getting it done

Posted from TSR Mobile
morganalex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't think it hurt, it just makes your eyes water.
Ayesha1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mine was done with a gun, it didn't hurt at all and my eyes didn't water either. Afterwards however, it felt quite sore. If you get it done, don't touch it for at least 6 months unless to clean the area; you don't it getting infected with bacteria!
EllieAntWarrior
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you've got piercing such as cartilage/surface/dermal then in comparison it won't hurt at all.
Mine was done with a needle but the place I go to numbs and freezes the area so it didn't hurt in the slightest it was just a weird sensation when the needle went through and the stud was twisted round.
Make sure you find a really good piercer and that you follow the cleaning routine and it should be relatively pain and problem free
Liberty.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't feel any pain, but my eye's did water
There was more pain with the after care. Mine healed around the stud which had a thicker spike at the end then the rest of it, so when you had to change the stud... ouchie!
I found it got infected SO MUCH, so I eventually gave up on it
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It didn't really hurt when I had mine done but it was quite sore for a while afterwards.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
nope, it only hurts afterwards but its like an achy sort of pain. want to get mine re pierced as it fell out and wouldn't close up!
mollyxrose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mine didn't hurt too much, it was over within a few seconds anyway. Make sure you get it pierced with a needle NOT a gun. Needles are much more sterile and hugely reduce the chance of infection in comparison to a gun. No good piercer will pierce your nose with a gun, so watch out!
I've had mine pierced over a year and it's never been infected, just make sure you take good care of it in the first few weeks of it being pierced and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
_anyawalsh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely bearable, just a sting but over ina few seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile
shopoholic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got mine done a few years ago and it really didn't hurt and I have a very low pain threshold. Though my eyes did water..
kunoichi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Got mine done last week and it hurt like a *****.

But nothing to when you forget its there and almost knock it out :'(

Worth getting though, i love mine!
Little Old Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My nose piercing did hurt, it made me scrunch my face up, shut my eyes and made them water but only lasted a few seconds so it wasn't too bad. It hurt afterwards when I had to clean my nose piercing cos I had to turn the nose ring around (I think they said wearing a nose ring when you first get it pierced makes the piercing easier to clean) but it wasn't too bad though x
IndiaCaitlinn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mine didn't really hurt at all! My eyes watered a bit but it was fine. The worst part is when you catch it in your sleep and it comes out, can be painful to try and get back in in the morning!
S_Adriaan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It hurts, but not an awful lot, it made my eyes water SO bad though, it looked like I was full on crying.
jasmine2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
where did you go to have yours done .
Blondie987
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where's the best place to go for one? Is there anything to remember before getting it done?
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I remember when I wanted to get one done so bad and my mum wouldn't let me. I'm so glad she said no,looking back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads