How long do these firms take to reply once submitting application (pre online tests)? Watch

frederic743
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Submitted my application to the following firms for grad schemes. Does anyone know how long they take to reply with regards to online tests/rejections?

Commerzbank = 2.5 weeks ago
Santander = 2.5 weeks ago
Citi = 1 week ago

Thanks in advance!
frederic743
Rep:
?
Anyone?
a443s
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you mean how long do they take to invite you to do online tests, or how long they take to reply once you've done the test?

Though I haven't applied to those specific firms, I find generally firms invite you to do the tests within a day or so of submitting your application.

As for rejections...it varies. I did an online test for one bank almost 3 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything, then I did an online test for another bank yesterday and 2 hours later I got a rejection.

I think a more general rule is that the longer they take to get back to you, the more likely it will be a rejection. I know because I and many of my friends went through this last year. I was waiting up to 6 weeks only to be rejected, and I kind of knew I'd been rejected as other people on my course (who'd applied to the same firm) had already been invited to interviews. I think they do this because they have a pecking order - i.e. they invite those with the best credentials to interview, then keep those less able as a 'reserve' in case someone with a good CV doesn't impress at interview.

Hope this helps.
miml
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by frederic743)
Submitted my application to the following firms for grad schemes. Does anyone know how long they take to reply with regards to online tests/rejections?

Commerzbank = 2.5 weeks ago
Santander = 2.5 weeks ago
Citi = 1 week ago

Thanks in advance!
If this is for FO I can confirm Commerzbank aren't hiring/are done. Citi had an AC in London a while back, not sure if they are still hiring but it's unlikely. Both of these banks screen before tests so it will take a little longer than normal.

No idea about Santander.
frederic743
Rep:
?
(Original post by miml)
If this is for FO I can confirm Commerzbank aren't hiring/are done. Citi had an AC in London a while back, not sure if they are still hiring but it's unlikely. Both of these banks screen before tests so it will take a little longer than normal.

No idea about Santander.
:eek: Really?
frederic743
Rep:
?
Just got a rejection from commerz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (1)
11.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
11.11%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
44.44%

Watched Threads