What is your own proudest acheivement in Fitness? Watch

Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can be lifting related or cardio related.

A certain race win or certain time.

Mine would probably be that 1000lbs powerlifting total. Got 165/107.5/185 for 457.5kg total. Was a great day and i went 8/9 with a deadlift PB after only 2 deadlift sessions post injury.
(Video in spoiler in my sig)
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cycled at 20 mph up a steep hill once. Nobody cares because it's only 20 mph but they will never understand how hard that is to do uphill on a bike
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nice lifting brah
(Original post by Motorbiker)
Can be lifting related or cardio related.

A certain race win or certain time.

Mine would probably be that 1000lbs powerlifting total. Got 165/107.5/185 for 457.5kg total. Was a great day and i went 8/9 with a deadlift PB after only 2 deadlift sessions post injury.
(Video in spoiler in my sig)
katyness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Came back from to uni after summer and was completely unfit since I hadn't worked out for about 3 months. Went to the gym and jogged at 8.4 mph with for 50 minutes straight.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Crow pose (yoga)
Looks like this:
Name:  yoga-pose-crow-pose-26-1.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  110.0 KB

:gangster:
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
(Original post by WGR)
I cycled at 20 mph up a steep hill once. Nobody cares because it's only 20 mph but they will never understand how hard that is to do uphill on a bike
20mph uphill is fairly good. I used to try averaging 15mph when i used to go for longish cycles on my bike(mountain bike).

(Original post by tehforum)
Nice lifting brah
Thanks. This is where you're supposed to post your proudest thing as well.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
20mph uphill is fairly good. I used to try averaging 15mph when i used to go for longish cycles on my bike(mountain bike).

Thanks. This is where you're supposed to post your proudest thing as well.
Got chubby in the space of a few months, and I sorted my diet and my exercise out.

So that was a good step.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
(Original post by katyness)
Came back from to uni after summer and was completely unfit since I hadn't worked out for about 3 months. Went to the gym and jogged at 8.4 mph with for 50 minutes straight.
That's some impressive running. And that was after 3 months off?

Still training? Beaten that time/distance since?

(Original post by Vixen47)
Crow pose (yoga)
Looks like this:
Name:  yoga-pose-crow-pose-26-1.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  110.0 KB

:gangster:
That's actually really impressive. Requires a lot of upper body strength.
katyness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks It was 3 months after no exercise at all. I now do that 3 times a week and after that I do sit ups and some leg and bums exercises for toning.
In One Ear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

That's actually really impressive. Requires a lot of upper body strength.
The crow pose doesn't actually require all that much in terms of upper body strength. Barring a few trial runs for balance I was able to hold it for 90 seconds on my first ever go- though I won't pretend that was easy!

I guess girls might find it substantially harder though with much less upper body strength/muscle mass.
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
probably losing my initial weight back when I was obese, then deadlifting dem 4 plates.
In One Ear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AreebWithaHat)
probably losing my initial weight back when I was obese, then deadlifting dem 4 plates.
How much you weighing now Areeb? I'm cutting myself at the moment. Its pretty tedious business tbh (mainly how slow it is). I've just resorted to going all out over the next 3 weeks (till end of uni term) crash dieting with 4x maintenance/slightly above days/week and 3 days where I fast till dinner and do fasted cadio and aim for a 1.5k-2k calorie deficit on these days (eat just over 1000 cals mainly in meat veggies and a bit of healthy fat).

Did it properly for the first time yesterday and no joke I could actually see the loss of fat on my abdominals after just that single day (probably burned about half a pound of fat). Hoping it does the trick quickly!
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Losing 35kg in 10months.
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by In One Ear)
How much you weighing now Areeb? I'm cutting myself at the moment. Its pretty tedious business tbh (mainly how slow it is). I've just resorted to going all out over the next 3 weeks (till end of uni term) crash dieting with 4x maintenance/slightly above days/week and 3 days where I fast till dinner and do fasted cadio and aim for a 1.5k-2k calorie deficit on these days (eat just over 1000 cals mainly in meat veggies and a bit of healthy fat).

Did it properly for the first time yesterday and no joke I could actually see the loss of fat on my abdominals after just that single day (probably burned about half a pound of fat). Hoping it does the trick quickly!
I got down to just under 80kg, weighing just under 90kg now. Obviously some of that is water weight, gained muscle but fat as well. Cutting in about 9/10 weeks.

That's pretty intense, how is your strength? I think I'm going to keep this cut nice and slow over about 6 months, probably jump on 5/3/1 to keep strength progression nice and slow and hopefully maintain or gain strength.
JimmyGatz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To try and somewhat hide my mild gynecomastia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In One Ear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got down to just under 80kg, weighing just under 90kg now. Obviously some of that is water weight, gained muscle but fat as well. Cutting in about 9/10 weeks.

That's pretty intense, how is your strength? I think I'm going to keep this cut nice and slow over about 6 months, probably jump on 5/3/1 to keep strength progression nice and slow and hopefully maintain or gain strength.
Christ that was a quick gain of 10kg!!

Slow is safe but damn tedious. My strength so far has held/slightly improved. I have been off weights for several weeks except ocassional deads/squats for lower body and just focusing on strength based calisthenics (as its much easier to recover from and less time consuming- uni work/commitments). Went to the gym today to do some squats and had the bar at 60kg for my second warmup set. Thought I may as well try and strict-press it and see if my strength had suffered (I only just managed to completely strict press it a couple of months back when I was 5kg heavier after a massive grind even having warmed the movement up)- this time despite being completely cold (not having primed the neuromuscular system) I managed to press it with moderate effort so seems I got a bit stronger.

Not entirely sure what will happen with such aggressive cutting as I wasn't cutting as aggresively before but I plan to commit to it for the full three weeks remaining. I'll report on what happens to my strength at the end of it!

Also its amazing just how much fat one has to lose to get properly lean. I'm super light now (77kg) and will probably end up around 74kg with a proper six-pack! Time to bulk definitely after that .
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Christ that was a quick gain of 10kg!!

Slow is safe but damn tedious. My strength so far has held/slightly improved. I have been off weights for several weeks except ocassional deads/squats for lower body and just focusing on strength based calisthenics (as its much easier to recover from and less time consuming- uni work/commitments). Went to the gym today to do some squats and had the bar at 60kg for my second warmup set. Thought I may as well try and strict-press it and see if my strength had suffered (I only just managed to completely strict press it a couple of months back when I was 5kg heavier after a massive grind even having warmed the movement up)- this time despite being completely cold (not having primed the neuromuscular system) I managed to press it with moderate effort so seems I got a bit stronger.

Not entirely sure what will happen with such aggressive cutting as I wasn't cutting as aggresively before but I plan to commit to it for the full three weeks remaining. I'll report on what happens to my strength at the end of it!

Also its amazing just how much fat one has to lose to get properly lean. I'm super light now (77kg) and will probably end up around 74kg with a proper six-pack! Time to bulk definitely after that .
If it's only for 3 weeks I doubt there will be any major strength losses. Also 60kg press is good, that's the one exercise I loathe because I'm so **** at it. 74kg is super light. I don't think I'm that dedicated to get dem six pex
In One Ear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it's only for 3 weeks I doubt there will be any major strength losses. Also 60kg press is good, that's the one exercise I loathe because I'm so **** at it. 74kg is super light. I don't think I'm that dedicated to get dem six pex
Yeah strength loss shouldnt really be an issue especially since I plan to go in a slight surplus each strength training day to make up for it and prompt my body to hold the lean mass.

Yeah its very light but I figured I already spent so long cutting and I'm really not that far I may aswell get properly lean then thats already half the battle and I can lean bulk in such a way that I'm never more than 2 weeks of dieting from my ideal leanness which I think will make the whole process much more enjoyable as I can really focus on muscle/strength whilst not being worried about being fat .

60kg press isn't very good to be honest. Its probably around the beginner-intermediate crossover on most strength charts (I did look at one once but I can't remember exactly what classified as getting out of beginner strength). I'm focusing on getting down to full range hand stand pushups (doing partials atm) so it will be interesting to see how much of a carry over to overhead pressing that has (I don't plan to overhead press meanwhile).

EDIT: yeah only around 60kg for men between 75kg and 82kg. Interestingly as an 82kg male it only goes up to 75kg to be classed as advanced.
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah strength loss shouldnt really be an issue especially since I plan to go in a slight surplus each strength training day to make up for it and prompt my body to hold the lean mass.

Yeah its very light but I figured I already spent so long cutting and I'm really not that far I may aswell get properly lean then thats already half the battle and I can lean bulk in such a way that I'm never more than 2 weeks of dieting from my ideal leanness which I think will make the whole process much more enjoyable as I can really focus on muscle/strength whilst not being worried about being fat .

60kg press isn't very good to be honest. Its probably around the beginner-intermediate crossover on most strength charts (I did look at one once but I can't remember exactly what classified as getting out of beginner strength). I'm focusing on getting down to full range hand stand pushups (doing partials atm) so it will be interesting to see how much of a carry over to overhead pressing that has (I don't plan to overhead press meanwhile).

EDIT: yeah only around 60kg for men between 75kg and 82kg. Interestingly as an 82kg male it only goes up to 75kg to be classed as advanced.
restart a blog mate
In One Ear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
restart a blog mate
effort
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (43)
24.43%
The paper was reasonable (77)
43.75%
Not feeling great about that exam (30)
17.05%
It was TERRIBLE (26)
14.77%

Watched Threads