Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I personaly think someone else then Messi should win the ballon d'or. it's about time someone else should win the award such as Ibrohimovic, ribery and many other potential candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahidk1)
    I personaly think someone else then Messi should win the ballon d'or. it's about time someone else should win the award such as Ibrohimovic, ribery and many other potential candidate.
    Do you believe that the ballon d'or should go to the best player or the one who has achieved the most?

If the former then obviously messi. however he's been injured for pretty much six months of the year.

If the latter then someone like ribery or lahm I think. I personally would like to see lahm win the award, although we know he won't

ReputationRep:
    It's an individual award therefore ronaldo should win. Top scorer of spain, europe, world. Ribery only has 19 goals and messi only 45.

ReputationRep:
    Ledley King!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Do you believe that the ballon d'or should go to the best player or the one who has achieved the most?

If the former then obviously messi. however he's been injured for pretty much six months of the year.

If the latter then someone like ribery or lahm I think. I personally would like to see lahm win the award, although we know he won't
    Messi was not injured six months of the year.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd hate to say it, Ribery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caedus)
    For winning a trophy? hate to break it to you but the award goes to the best individual perfomance in 2013.

ReputationRep:
    Gomez!

ReputationRep:

Messi and Ronaldo will obviously win the award, they obsulutely dominate the spanish league, it's not fair on other players who have preformed at their best as well where they have more of a competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol 33)
    Messi was not injured six months of the year.
    Well he was playing but he's obviously been injured ever since the first leg of the quarterfinals of the UCL last season. Barca keep playing him and he keeps re-injuring himself so he's obviously not a full fitness.

Real Madrid didn't win anything last year so it will be difficult for Ronaldo to win. He's been phenomenal so far this season but he wasn't great last season so it's difficult to say.

It's certainly less clear-cut than the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caedus)
    The problem with this is that we all know that ribery is not even close to being the 'best 'player. If real Madrid offered Ronaldo for ribery and 50 million Bayern would jump at it. Likewise Bayern would probably trade their entire starting front 4 for a fit messi.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with this is that we all know that ribery is not even close to being the 'best 'player. If real Madrid offered Ronaldo for ribery and 50 million Bayern would jump at it. Likewise Bayern would probably trade their entire starting front 4 for a fit messi.
    When is the award ceromony going to start

ReputationRep:
    When is the award ceromony going to start
    It's at the beginning of january

ReputationRep:
    Could be a chance that Ronaldo is going to win the award instead

Ronaldo should win

ReputationRep:
    Could be a chance that Ronaldo is going to win the award instead
    I think Ronaldo probably deserves it to be honest...it's close though and I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Bayern player wins or messi or ibra.

If Portugal don't make it to the world cup Ronaldo almost certainly won't win. Likewise for ibrahimovic and Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    CL top scorer. Look at the group stage aswell this season and last season, ronaldo always gets the hardest and still is the top scorer, being a winger.

ReputationRep:
    I think Ronaldo probably deserves it to be honest...it's close though and I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Bayern player wins or messi or ibra.

If Portugal don't make it to the world cup Ronaldo almost certainly won't win. Likewise for ibrahimovic and Sweden.
    Do you think Ibrohimovic should play in a different league? i.e the Barclays Premier League or the La liga?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol 33)
    CL top scorer. Look at the group stage aswell this season and last season, ronaldo always gets the hardest and still is the top scorer, being a winger.
    Do people still peddle the myth that Ronaldo is a winger? He is an inside forward in every sense. Saying things like that leads me to believe that you don't actually watch real Madrid play

I don't know what you mean by Ronaldo gets the hardest? He very rarely draws double team and tends to be matched up against right backs, which in la liga is generally a weak defensive position (I say this because teams in la liga (with the exception of sevilla, levante and real themselves) tend to play triangle pivots and swing their wing backs forward).

One reason I'm skeptical about Ronaldo is games like the one tonight: in the first half he has been totally anonymous. He's taken a couple of bad shots and contributed nothing to the flow of his team. He just doesn't seem to understand the basic principles of link-up play, or he is just too lazy to put the work in. Yeah he might pop up with a goal later in the game off a corner or something but he is just too one-dimensional for my liking (although he has really improved in this aspect over the last 5 years).

ReputationRep:
    Do people still peddle the myth that Ronaldo is a winger? He is an inside forward in every sense. Saying things like that leads me to believe that you don't actually watch real Madrid play

I don't know what you mean by Ronaldo gets the hardest? He very rarely draws double team and tends to be matched up against right backs, which in la liga is generally a weak defensive position (I say this because teams in la liga (with the exception of sevilla, levante and real themselves) tend to play triangle pivots and swing their wing backs forward).

One reason I'm skeptical about Ronaldo is games like the one tonight: in the first half he has been totally anonymous. He's taken a couple of bad shots and contributed nothing to the flow of his team. He just doesn't seem to understand the basic principles of link-up play, or he is just too lazy to put the work in. Yeah he might pop up with a goal later in the game off a corner or something but he is just too one-dimensional for my liking (although he has really improved in this aspect over the last 5 years).

Ronaldo is a winger- get that. Internationally messi is awful compared to ronaldo. Most of his goals come from friendlies and the last time he played he got what 2 penalties? then lets compare Portugal to Argentina...so obviously ronaldo is miles better. And for tonight ibra is not playing good aswell but ofc you miss that out and point out ronaldo!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.