Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There're not going to be special courses on how to read each book when you get to university so it's probably best to develop them by yourself now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommehR)
    There're not going to be special courses on how to read each book when you get to university so it's probably best to develop them by yourself now.
    Very well said!

ReputationRep:
    I bought the LNAT book from Waterstones and it's worth it. It really helps you to understand exam strategy and gives you a good understanding of what the LNAT is. I would suggest you save your money, and just buy the book.

ReputationRep:
    How much was the book... cos it seems strange that they released a book which probagly teaches you all you can learn off their course.

ReputationRep:
    14 pounds . It's expensive, but it helps!

ReputationRep:
    If you think thats expensive wait till you hit uni ... mwuahaha!

ReputationRep:
    haha, thanks for digging it in . I'm already broke buying stuff for A-levels...now uni. *shrugs*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    14 pounds . It's expensive, but it helps!
    If you don't mind my asking, which book was it? The Amazon/Waterstones site brings up four:

Passing the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) (Student Guides) by Rosalie Hutton and Glenn Hutton (Paperback - 15 Aug 2005)
    (10%)

(LNAT) Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law by Mark Shepherd (Paperback - 14 Jul 2005)

Kaplan LNAT: National Admissions Test for Law (Paperback - 1 Jun 2006)

Understanding LNAT: The Definitive Guide to Preparing for the National Admissions Test for Law by Mark Alexander Shepherd (Paperback - Oct 2004)

ReputationRep:
    Kaplan one probably, as thats what the thread is about.

ReputationRep:
    im scared, what if i fail the LNAT test im pretty much bummed?

ReputationRep:
    Only if you only apply to universities that all see the LNAT score. And even then some may take pity on you if other parts of your application are strong.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it! I went on one and it didn't help at all. Just do the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stick Man)
    If you don't mind my asking, which book was it? The Amazon/Waterstones site brings up four:

Passing the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) (Student Guides) by Rosalie Hutton and Glenn Hutton (Paperback - 15 Aug 2005)
    (10%)
    It was that one. If you want I can sell it to you for cheaper. Pm me if you're interested .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmizzflirtie)
    im scared, what if i fail the LNAT test im pretty much bummed?
    I'm quite worried about it, too. I am only applying to two universities (LSE and Warwick) who don't use the LNAT, so if I do badly and they reject me too then I will have nowhere!

ReputationRep:
    ^ If you're very worried, make it three. Consider Leeds, Manchester, etc.

My Kaplan LNAT book arrived today.

ReputationRep:
    The book really doesn't help. I sat the LNAT last week, and trust me I wasted 14 pounds by buying that book. It's all about comprehension and critical thinking. What some universities are really interested in is your essay. So if you can present an argument, you're doing alright!

ReputationRep:
    *sighs*

I thought the whole point of the LNAT was that it was "impervious to coaching"...?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Kinda. But you have to get into their way of thinking, and some people need more than the online practice test to do that. I wouldn't call reading sample papers "coaching". Knowing the difference between "can be inferred" and "can be gathered" for example.

ReputationRep:
    what is the difference?

:rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2008

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.