They don't seem to care... Watch

phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a supposed best guy friend whom never makes contact first, he only makes an effort on my birthday for some reason. I just don't really get the friendship so I've left him to his own devices, it bothers me that he hasn't made an effort to check in. I planned to take him out for his birthday and Now I'm thinking why do I even bother? I feel like our friendship is really pointless. He has always been the one to bail me out a few times, so I'm thankful in that sense. He never tells me about anything going on his life, I always find out after the event and question why he never tells me.he is the one that labelled me his best friend by the way! When I asked why I was his best friend he says I'm always there? okay

My other "best friend" is a girl I grew up with. I used to be able to talk to her all the time. Now I barely ever see her and Its getting to the point where I try to avoid it. she is a lovely girl don't get me wrong, but she rants about the world hating her nothing going her way, or the fact that no one cares. I care!! I'm always here if she needs, I may not speak to her everyday but I'm here. I have my own issues going on and no one (out of these two) asks how I am. I try to explain to this girl when she asks to go certain places that I am broke, if I had a money tree I would travel the world.

She makes it seems like I'm full of excuses when I have valid reasons not to go places. I have a part time job and I am trying hard to get a full time job, I have bills to pay, sorry if I have to contribute to my household instead of going out to eat. Am I suppose to rob a bank or something? Sometimes she offers to pay and I refuse, I've been taught to pay for my own! Now when she asks me to go out I feel like not even responding because she'll put it into the excuse category or make a status about not having any friends or no one caring. I feel like I'm treading on egg shells as well she'll complain about her weight and then when I try to help her she throws it back at me.

I give up. If you think I am over reacting please let me know. I am so fed up
Zara Okoro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you're over reacting. But this is my opinion from an outsiders point of view, but I understand I think the most simpalist yet the best think to do is...yes speak to them! It sounds stupid but seriously it works! If I were them then I'ld want you to tell me if I was upsetting you but that might just be me I don't know if this helps but yer good luck!!! c:
hannahchan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by phunky_fresh)
I have a supposed best guy friend whom never makes contact first, he only makes an effort on my birthday for some reason. I just don't really get the friendship so I've left him to his own devices, it bothers me that he hasn't made an effort to check in. I planned to take him out for his birthday and Now I'm thinking why do I even bother? I feel like our friendship is really pointless. He has always been the one to bail me out a few times, so I'm thankful in that sense. He never tells me about anything going on his life, I always find out after the event and question why he never tells me.he is the one that labelled me his best friend by the way! When I asked why I was his best friend he says I'm always there? okay

My other "best friend" is a girl I grew up with. I used to be able to talk to her all the time. Now I barely ever see her and Its getting to the point where I try to avoid it. she is a lovely girl don't get me wrong, but she rants about the world hating her nothing going her way, or the fact that no one cares. I care!! I'm always here if she needs, I may not speak to her everyday but I'm here. I have my own issues going on and no one (out of these two) asks how I am. I try to explain to this girl when she asks to go certain places that I am broke, if I had a money tree I would travel the world.

She makes it seems like I'm full of excuses when I have valid reasons not to go places. I have a part time job and I am trying hard to get a full time job, I have bills to pay, sorry if I have to contribute to my household instead of going out to eat. Am I suppose to rob a bank or something? Sometimes she offers to pay and I refuse, I've been taught to pay for my own! Now when she asks me to go out I feel like not even responding because she'll put it into the excuse category or make a status about not having any friends or no one caring. I feel like I'm treading on egg shells as well she'll complain about her weight and then when I try to help her she throws it back at me.

I give up. If you think I am over reacting please let me know. I am so fed up
Maybe explain to the girl friend of yours that you don't have money right now but will take her somewhere or go with her somewehere soon? *arrange a meeting, instead of her asking you and then being let down by you having no money.. save some up?*

Tell your guy friend that if he really thinks you're his best friend then he needs to start showing some more concern in you. If he doesn't why bother with him?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (67)
22.11%
The paper was reasonable (133)
43.89%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
17.49%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
16.5%

Watched Threads