How can i meet people here at Bradford? Watch

Jbp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, im from spain and its difficult for me to meet people because here at the students residence the people are always in his rooms so i cant talk with them.

I need to practice my english and i dont know what to do.. i go to english lessons in leeds but when i return to bradford i cant continue the practice.

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much!
JimmyBignutz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think most people there socialize at their local EDL centre. Maybe not a great idea for you
Jbp
Rep:
?
(Original post by JimmyBignutz)
I think most people there socialize at their local EDL centre. Maybe not a great idea for you
Thank you for the information, but its hard for me going alone to that local and try to meet someone because they are with his friends maby..
coatsoft
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jbp)
Thank you for the information, but its hard for me going alone to that local and try to meet someone because they are with his friends maby..
They were making a joke. EDL is a group that is against immigration and can be quite violent. I really wouldn't ask where the nearest EDL centre is in Bradford.

I am from Bradford
JimmyBignutz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by coatsoft)
They were making a joke. EDL is a group that is against immigration and can be quite violent. I really wouldn't ask where the nearest EDL centre is in Bradford.

I am from Bradford
He would be spoiled for choice though
Jbp
Rep:
?

I am from Bradford
jaja ok, i only want to learn english, im going to stay here until 22th dec and then i dont know if i can return on january.

i prefer a pacific local thank you xD
coatsoft
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do the EDL even have centres?
JimmyBignutz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do the EDL even have centres?
It's my opinion that most snooker and general men's clubs are just fronts for the EDL to "scheme" (supply racist opinions without reason or evidence)
Baron Samedi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you live at the 'Green'?
Jbp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Baron Samedi)
Do you live at the 'Green'?
i live near the bradford university, 2 min walking!
coatsoft
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's my opinion that most snooker and general men's clubs are just fronts for the EDL to "scheme" (supply racist opinions without reason or evidence)
haha fair enough
bazookabrad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I never knew the EDL were racist :dontknow:

I thought they were just a reaction group who oppose Islam in its extreme forms, mostly filled with young, unemployed working-class lads who tend to just use it as an excuse for a day out, getting drunk and shouting "E, E, EDL"?

I've never been lead to think they're "racist" so to speak, certainly ignorant and a little misguided towards a certain religion.. Islam, but never "racist".

Then again I'm completely neutral and think EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion and freedom of speech, so I'm not the type to falsely label somebody in order to promote the lowest possible opinion on them just because I disagree with what they're saying... but that's just me.
Jbp
Rep:
?
im spanish...what about us? Spanish people are accepted?
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  freehug.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  27.7 KB

This usually works.
JimmyBignutz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bazookabrad)
I never knew the EDL were racist :dontknow:

I thought they were just a reaction group who oppose Islam in its extreme forms, mostly filled with young, unemployed working-class lads who tend to just use it as an excuse for a day out, getting drunk and shouting "E, E, EDL"?

I've never been lead to think they're "racist" so to speak, certainly ignorant and a little misguided towards a certain religion.. Islam, but never "racist".

Then again I'm completely neutral and think EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion and freedom of speech, so I'm not the type to falsely label somebody in order to promote the lowest possible opinion on them just because I disagree with what they're saying... but that's just me.
Really? doesn't exactly seem that way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads