As the title says.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolute truth.

Walked/climbed/scrambled the full length of the disused Camino del Rey in Andalucia, Spain, on my own with absolutey no-one else around. Starting from the railway station at el Chorro and accessed through the railway tunnels/bridges above the gorge.

I was absolutely terrified but something kept driving me on just to complete it.

Having done it once, i donlt think I would do it again.

http://youtu.be/ZmDhRvvs5Xw
Alpha brah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
Absolute truth.

Walked/climbed/scrambled the full length of the disused Camino del Rey in Andalucia, Spain, on my own with absolutey no-one else around. Starting from the railway station at el Chorro and accessed through the railway tunnels/bridges above the gorge.

I was absolutely terrified but something kept driving me on just to complete it.

Just Googled it and I was like HOLY ****!

Probs to you, brah, 10 alpha points Did you have a safety harness or anything?
Infinity_4652
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to wonder around everywhere i go all on my own.
-central london
-the forest in clay hill, enfield
-some other forest in northern france

Several times, i nearly got myself lost.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
Just Googled it and I was like HOLY ****!

Probs to you, brah, 10 alpha points Did you have a safety harness or anything?
No! I did it long before it was posted up on youtube and became infamous.

I found it while reading an old Let's Go book (1992 I think) that was left on a shelf at the villa in Spain I stayed in.

The book did not say anything about how dangerous it was, so I turned up in trainers and shorts and just a small back pack with some water looking for an adventure.

The video does not show a really scary bit (just after the guy crosses the large water pipe which looks like a bridge) you have to climb down about 6 or 7 feet from the pipe onto the walkway and there are no steps and no handrails and it was blowing 30mph+ erratic gusts of wind at that height.

It's like 300 ft up and several people have died on it.

I think since the accidents, the Spanish authorities have closed both ends access to the walkway and are in the process of rebuilding it.
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No! I did it long before it was posted up on youtube and became infamous.

I found it while reading an old Let's Go book (1992 I think) that was left on a shelf at the villa in Spain I stayed in.

The book did not say anything about how dangerous it was, so I turned up in trainers and shorts and just a small back pack with some water looking for an adventure.

The video does not show a really scary bit (just after the guy crosses the large water pipe which looks like a bridge) you have to climb down about 6 or 7 feet from the pipe onto the walkway and there are no steps and no handrails and it was blowing 30mph+ erratic gusts of wind at that height.

It's like 300 ft up and several people have died on it.

I think since the accidents, the Spanish authorities have closed both ends access to the walkway and are in the process of rebuilding it.
That makes sense lol
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Played Amnesia The Dark Descent. Terrifying.
BlossomS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The scariest thing I've ever done is probably when I climbed up to the 4th floor of my building, in the night, using the balconies and pipes for grip. This was when my mum's friend accidentally locked her 2 year old inside the house and he was bawling his eyes out. There was no one around and she didn't have her keys with her so she came running to us. Her husband was at work and was due back in the morning so we were in a pickle. I personally can't stand seeing a kid distressed, it really gets to me so I ran to the back of the house and started climbing. I am actually glad I used to climb trees when I was younger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was in the Uni library late one night and managed to be completely oblivious to their closing procedures. I hadn't noticed it getting progressively more deserted. Suddenly I became very aware of being by myself and started to feel a bit creeped out. Then they turned the f*****g lights off. I got incredibly panicked and started running around screaming for them not to lock me in. Must have looked like a right prat on the CCTV.
Ben_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was chased by a tractor and ran across a road as a result in front of a car which narrowly missed me and I escaped like a boss. Won't go into details though :cool:
summer26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
forced to watch 2 girls 1 cup because I lost a bet
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by summer26)
forced to watch 2 girls 1 cup because I lost a bet
U mad bro?
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The scariest (yet best) thing I've ever done was when I moved abroad alone with no accommodation set up
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wrestled a crocodile...........

*In my dreams
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lotus_Eater)
I was in the Uni library late one night and managed to be completely oblivious to their closing procedures. I hadn't noticed it getting progressively more deserted. Suddenly I became very aware of being by myself and started to feel a bit creeped out. Then they turned the f*****g lights off. I got incredibly panicked and started running around screaming for them not to lock me in. Must have looked like a right prat on the CCTV.
I've always wanted to do something like that in my uni library or in a big hotel. Not with the lights off though, I don't want to cry.
summer26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
U mad bro?
what is your problem?
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Recently climbed Helvellyn through Stridings edge, not the most difficult scramble I've done, but definitely up there.

Would love to try the first posters trek through, love a good challenge.
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by summer26)
what is your problem?
U mad bro?

Spoiler:
Show
I love that phrase, haven't you heard it before?
Aristotle's' Disciple
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolute truth.

Incredible, what grade would you put the most difficult parts of that hike?
Aristotle's' Disciple
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
TSR won't let me post two videos in the same post, shame. Crib Goch at Snowdon last week, which despite looking more difficult wasn't since the weather was better.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.28%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.11%
It was TERRIBLE (184)
13.17%

Watched Threads