Turn on thread page Beta

The Fallout 4 Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I'm probably going to gush a bit, Fallout 3 was my favourite game of all time and Fallout Tactics and New Vegas aren't far behind, so you could say this is quite exciting for me.
    But over the past few days someone has been teasing Fallout 4. It started with 'thesurvivor2299.com' which was registered to Zenimax (the people that own Bethesda) and had a timer counting down to the 11th of December, probably the date of the VGAs where Skyrim was announced 3 years ago. The site is gradually getting more features, it received a Vault-Tec logo earlier.
    There's also now a Tumblr set up by someone (probably Bethesda) with some smaller posters http://12072299.tumblr.com/ one of which references The Glow from the first Fallout, with a song lyric from a song which The Ink Spots, the series' favourite music group, covered. The Tumblr page responds to computer-style questions in the same way as computers from the games
    Anyone else as excited as me?
    Discuss!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, looking good. Hope they don't intend to release on 360 and PS3 though and go all out on PS4, XB1 and PC. The Skyrim engine with some upgrades will look fantastic, last thing I want is the last gen holding them back.

But also 2299, interesting time jump there. I'd expect a full blown trailer at the VGA's for a November 2014 release.

I hope Bethesda have taken some inspiration from New Vegas, I felt that was the superior Fallout game but I look forward it regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1385247903.520616.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  46.3 KBThis doesn't appear to be a cipher (like the last one) or a cipher. Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Or a language*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for this game with baited breath. Fallout 3 is one my absolute favourites, and I'm replaying New Vegas at the moment, I never really got into it properly for some reason. I hope it'll be on 360, I don't want to have to buy a new console to play it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    I've been waiting for this game with baited breath. Fallout 3 is one my absolute favourites, and I'm replaying New Vegas at the moment, I never really got into it properly for some reason. I hope it'll be on 360, I don't want to have to buy a new console to play it.
    I'd say the odds of it being on the ps3/360 are roughly zero. Skyrim was pushing the limits of the consoles and they'll want to top it, since it hasn't been announced yet though it probably won't be out until some time in 2015 (or maybe late 2014 if they've been developing it in secret for a while,) so I wouldn't worry too much about not having a console at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    I'd say the odds of it being on the ps3/360 are roughly zero. Skyrim was pushing the limits of the consoles and they'll want to top it, since it hasn't been announced yet though it probably won't be out until some time in 2015 (or maybe late 2014 if they've been developing it in secret for a while,) so I wouldn't worry too much about not having a console at the moment.
    Yeah that's a good point, I'm sure I'll have either a ps4 or xbox one by the time it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Upr1s1ng)
    [ATTACH]254401This doesn't appear to be a cipher (like the last one) or a cipher. Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Quabbin Reservoir is seven zero four two two nine nine.
    taken from guardianlv.com
    the Quabbin Reservoir is near Boston!
    The previous code mentioned going to the Institute which was also in Boston if Fallout 3 tells us anything

ReputationRep:
    "Nuclear winter is coming in 6days"
    Guuuyyyyysss

ReputationRep:
    Timer reached 0
    Nothing happened apparently
    Site doesn't work for me

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Survivor 2299.png
Views: 141
Size:  19.1 KB
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Much as I want this to be true I can't help but feel its a hoax

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait until the 11th, will be very interesting to see what happens

ReputationRep:
    I've got a reminder set on my phone for when the timer expires, praying it's F4. Wasted so much of my life on the last two, god knows how long I've played them for.

ReputationRep:
    It was a hoax people...

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/fal...-com-is-a-fake

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/09/fallou...douche-4223270

****ing hell, what a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Oh That's so disappointing

ReputationRep:
    Come on Bethesda, hurry the hell up.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    By the sounds of it we aren't going to hear anything for awhile

ReputationRep:
    Aww man I looked at this thread with high hopes! Bethesda really need to get their asses into gear. :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LapsyDaisy)
    Aww man I looked at this thread with high hopes! Bethesda really need to get their asses into gear. :/
    Its been somewhat announced

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.