What to do, revision wise, in year 10? Watch

Amirh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
At the middle and end of year 11 i will take nearly all of my exams for GCSE and as he study the majority of it in year 10 but do no real testing how can i revise and learn this content and what should i do to ensure good grades?
ElGenioEstúpido
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, what I would recommend is go over everything you have learnt once in a while, so that by June 2015, you wouldn't have to relearn content.
Ellen Worrall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At the end of every week, make a page of summary notes of what you learnt that week in each subject; this way it'll refresh your memory and when you need to briefly look over notes the summary pages will be a great way of doing so!
Icesk8ing97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
dont do anything big just summaries and MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING AS YOU GO ALONG! so important else then you will be in the same boat as me who is having to reteach herself physics....although its not all my fault it is partily my teachers who is shocking but still cant stress it enough UNDERSTAND!!!!!!
Amirh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Icesk8ing97)
dont do anything big just summaries and MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING AS YOU GO ALONG! so important else then you will be in the same boat as me who is having to reteach herself physics....although its not all my fault it is partily my teachers who is shocking but still cant stress it enough UNDERSTAND!!!!!!
Wow you seem like you got alot of stress
Icesk8ing97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Amirh)
Wow you seem like you got alot of stress
Pretty much, my teachers are cr*p and haven't taught me anything and now have my mock exams in 4 weeks and have to relearn everything xxx
xderaai
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't stress, don't overwork, do as much as you need to and save the rest for the emergency revision subjects.

Basically, make sure you understand work as you go along and try to pay attention - I'm quite the hypocrite at the last advice but eh.

When you do revise I recommend doing past papers; the help you get use to applying your knowledge and you get used to the actual style of an exam.

Coursework wise, don't leave everything last minute and try to keep all your work consistent.

As you get closer to exams revise more.

That's basically it really, everyone has their own style of revision, you just need to find yours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads