bump
Rational Thinker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Luketreherne)
bump
I agree with what he is saying but it is telling about Livingstone's character that he waits until he is retired to give his full opinions seems like he was rather a careerist.
Luketreherne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Rational Thinker)
I agree with what he is saying but it is telling about Livingstone's character that he waits until he is retired to give his full opinions seems like he was rather a careerist.
He has a call in show on LBC 97.3 on Saturday Mornings 10am - 12pm with David Mellor. It shall be interesting to see how people respond to his article in the Telegraph sorry i mean torygraph , As posted above.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's being his usual political self - he is basically urging tax increases on the wealthy, but dressing it up as a 'soft left/centre' demand to control deficits. He is also (as he often does) missing the point - the chief reason for the ongoing structural deficit is that government has gone soft on the corporations and stopped collecting corporation tax from them, especially from the largest and most profitable ones - this has left a much heavier burden of tax on individuals.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
He's being his usual political self - he is basically urging tax increases on the wealthy, but dressing it up as a 'soft left/centre' demand to control deficits. He is also (as he often does) missing the point - the chief reason for the ongoing structural deficit is that government has gone soft on the corporations and stopped collecting corporation tax from them, especially from the largest and most profitable ones - this has left a much heavier burden of tax on individuals.
For once we agree. Perhaps too much crony capitalism?
Luketreherne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Perhaps a prime example of cheap political point scoring ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For sure, it has infected all recent governments in a profound and corrupting way. New Labour turned itself into a branch office for tax avoiding corporations eager to avoid even more tax and the current 'coalition' are no better. Many government ministers are mere stooges for particular business interests.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For sure, it has infected all recent governments in a profound and corrupting way. New Labour turned itself into a branch office for tax avoiding corporations eager to avoid even more tax and the current 'coalition' are no better. Many government ministers are mere stooges for particular business interests.
Lynton Crosby and the Conservative avoidance of plain packaging for cigarettes has been one of the most shocking I would say, although that is the tip of the iceberg I suppose.
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once in awhile round here, people say beautiful things.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Moosferatu)
Once in awhile round here, people say beautiful things.
Pardon?
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pardon?
It was a way of saying I agree.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Moosferatu)
It was a way of saying I agree.
Oh, ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (537)
26.41%
The paper was reasonable (885)
43.53%
Not feeling great about that exam (397)
19.53%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.53%

Watched Threads