Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i applied for student finance, i did through current year assessment, as my household income had dropped. However, as my fathers job situation has changed, my household income will be more than the estimate given on the current year forms.

At the end of the year, do you just repay the difference between what i got and what i should have got? Also, how does this work in terms of grants and loans, as the amount i am receiving has a higher proportion of grant money than the loan i should have got? Does some of the grant money become loan money, to make the proportion of loan to grant money correct for the loan i should have got?

Thanks, sorry if anything is confusing.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

If you feel that the income estimated will be higher then you can submit another current year income form. This will ensure that your account does not go into grant overpayment.

You can find the form required here www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Any over payments will be deducted from the following years entitlement.

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

If you feel that the income estimated will be higher then you can submit another current year income form. This will ensure that your account does not go into grant over payment.

You can find the form required here www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Any over payments will be deducted from the following years entitlement.

Thanks

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.